32. Dyut Sabha Part-3

"Maharaj, we have received a note from Hastinapur

"Maharaj, we have received a note from Hastinapur."

The people in the sabha glanced at each other, neither did this kingdom have any relations with Hastinapur nor did they know that their Queen belonged to Hastinapur.

"Who is it from?" Satyadev, sitting on the throne, asked.

"Our Queen, Maharani Indulekha."

A smile bloomed on his face, hearing the name of his beloved.

"Give the letter to me, I'll read it." Full of joy, he opened the letter. Maybe this was his call to come to Indraprastha, as Lekha told him. Unfortunately, the components of the letter brought a frown to his face, rather than a smile.

Aryaputra Satyadev,

I am in Hastinapur, as of now. The Kauravas are up to something heinous, once again. And I am afraid that this is of more danger than any other of their tricks. I am leaving for Matsya, after writing this letter. If I do not come a few moments after the arrival of this letter, please depart immediately for Hastinapur. If possible, do not bring your army.

For a bit of context, in this sabha, Jyestha and Duryodhan are playing the game of chausar. But they're betting people. So far, we have lost Bro Nakul. And I'm sure that I am going to lose all of my brothers as well. After that, it would be me.

When you come, please realize that if we consider my brothers having a right over me then you also have a right over me. So does Mata Kunti, but royal women aren't allowed in this sabha and she's not able to do anything. Please come as soon as possible.

Your loving wife,

Indulekha.

Reading the letter, he knew he couldn't waste one more moment. Informing the sabha about the letter, he immediately readied his chariot and left for Hastinapur.

***

"Pranipat, Angraj." Draupadi welcomed the man as he climbed down from his horse. Agnishika, with a look of wonder, ran towards him. "What are you doing here?" Her voice bore the pain for she knew what was happening in Hastinapur.

"Why? Should I have not come?"

"You should be in Hastinapur, right now. There's the sabha going on, right?" Karn smiled, putting his horse at rest. This conversation was surely not something he expected after he traveled from Hastinapur to Indraprastha without taking rests in between.

"Duryodhan said I wasn't needed, that I should go meet my friends and family."

Agni, burning in her own flames of stupidity, wondered how well these Kauravas had planned the whole incident. They knew if Karn was there, he would never let them put a hand on his sister.

"You need to leave for Hastinapur, now. Indu is in danger."

"What do you mean?"

"Just go!"

With a heavy heart and worry about whether his sister is fine or not, he left for Hastinapur. His efforts and skipping 4-5 meals for her were in vain and he was hurt by the fact that she didn't even acknowledge him, like other times. But it was probably because Indu was indeed in grave danger.

***

"See! Just see, how she talks back to her master. No manners, whatsoever." Duryodhan's voice echoed in the hall.

"For the last time! You are not my master!" Indu rolled her eyes.

"I will be reminding you again and again, that you're brothers lost you in the game." Shakuni mumbled that same words for the 6th time after her revolts.

"You know what? I'm leaving, I'm done with you guys, seriously." Turning around, she made her way to the huge doorway.

"Maharaj! In your sabha, this maid is dishounouring her master by leaving without my permission. The disrespect!" Shakuni called out, moving his hand through his beard.

"Wait,putri." Indu very well knew that he called her 'putri' as he felt shame in referring to her as 'Maharani'. Not expecting him to stop her, she looked at him. Confusion in her eyes. Her expression clearly said 'Are you for real?'

"Let her go, son. Please just let her go." Bhisma whispered, joining his hands in front of the king.

"It has already been proved in this sabha that she is the maid of Duryodhan, what else can we argue about that? If I let one maid dishonor her master then every maid and servant in Hastinapur might go against the words of their masters. How is it possible for me to approve of this?!"

The Pandavas glanced at Indu before looking at each other. "Jyestha, please do something. I am afraid of what Indu might have to suffer through." Sahadev whispered. Yudishthir, shock visible on his face, replied "If something happens. please disobey me, Bheem. Protect, Indu." Bheem nodded, in response.

"Come back, dasi, you aren't independent anymore."

"Independence is a state of mind, not a peice of clothing that it can be snatched."

A smirk came on Duryodhan's face.

"Independence cannot, but a cloth can be snatched."

Indu scoffed, knowing very well that this was about to happen. "You sure you'll be able to remove this heavy sari, when I can't do that myself?"

Everyone looked at her in confusion, her honor was at risk and she was jesting. Little did they know, she was trying to enlighten her brothers. She didn't want them to take a decision with a tense mind.

"How dare you, Duryodhan!?"