54. The Naga Kingdom

"Do you have no shame, Rajkumar?" Uloopi grunted as Arjun and Draupadi were brought to the shelter where the Nagas were hiding from the fire

"Do you have no shame, Rajkumar?" Uloopi grunted as Arjun and Draupadi were brought to the shelter where the Nagas were hiding from the fire. The Naga Kingdom, underwater, wasn't aesthetically pleasing but it still felt calm. And now, it tingled Arjun's mind. The place he knew before was different. It was filled with love, acceptance and green kelp. None seemed to be there anymore. Perhaps, it was all burnt in the fire.

"W-what happened here, Uloopi?" He mumbled, looking around.

Devastated at the cause of his actions, the grip on his bow strengthened. The shelter was made out of wood, maybe a special one, which didn't catch the fire. Naga people were running around with medicines in their hands, treating the wounds of the burnt ones. It made him think that he should've brought Nakul and Sahadev too. Children laid on the bed, almost burnt to a crisp, with their mothers wailing beside them.

"Exactly what happened at Khandavprastha. Exactly why my brother abandoned me and was wary of you." She sighs, putting her bow down.

"I started that flame and invoked Agnidev. I extinguished the fire at Khandavprastha. I can extinguish it again." He said with more determination while Uloppi scoffed.

"You can't. It's an eternal flame. Ashavasena has practised some sort of maya on it. That eternal flame will never go out until it consumes someone of the same power and amount of energy. And it keeps spreading, getting more powerful by the minute." She replied.

Draupadi stared at the two, unsure of what they were saying. She followed them as they went inside a smaller chamber where Iravan was sitting.

"Putra Iravan, go help them outside." Uloopi said.

Iravan, his face lit with joy when he saw his father, ran up to him and hugged him. "I need to aid them with the medicines, right now. I will come back, Pitashree."

Arjun nodded as his happiness upon seeing his son was visible on his face.

"Should I use Varunastra on it?" He asked as his son left the room.

"Rajkumar, use your brains. When you use your AgniAstra, the flame is inextinguishable, right? The same goes for this flame." She sighed.

"What if I invoke AgniAstra? It must be of the same energy, right?" He mumbled, slightly rolling his eyes.

"Oh, yes! That might just work. The eternal flame can gulp anything; it might even gulp fire with the same energy." She smiled as Arjun did too. Draupadi looked at the two and pitied the broken union.

The trio decided to try the strategy out. They knew it would work. Or, at least hoped it would. No matter how confident they were, there was little doubt in their minds. This plan might take years to implement as Arjun needed more than one AgniAstra, just to be sure. Draupadi was sure she could help with that.

Perhaps the fire would extinguish once it faced its own wrath.

"Arya?" Draupadi called out as he looked at her with a soft smile.