33. Dyut Sabha Part-4

"How dare you even think of such a heinous crime, you fool!?" Bheem roared after his brothers shouted at Duryodhan

"How dare you even think of such a heinous crime, you fool!?" Bheem roared after his brothers shouted at Duryodhan. Their fists tightened and their glares intensified. "Jyestha, either kill us or let us kill him," Sahadev shouted back.

Bhishma stood up, "Never before in the sabha of Hastinapur has this malfeasance happened. Just think about the honor and pride, the limits and the boundaries of the Kuru dynasty."

"Why can't you understand this, Maharaj? What your son is doing is unforgivable, don't let it happen." Drona added.

"Stop," Indu said. She knew that none of their efforts could stop Duryodhan. He'd already decided what to do. She believed that her Kanha would protect her.

"Go ahead, if you've got the guts. Try." Indu walked over to the platform, looking at Duryodhan. "No, Indu. The moment he even touches you, I shall kill him."

"Don't, Bhrata. If this is what's supposed to happen, then it will. Also, I'm damn sure he has no courage to do it."

Scoffing, he ordered, "Go Dushassan, punish this maid."

Dushassan, not moving, looked down. Duryodhan looked at him, confused as to why he wasn't doing what he was supposed to. "Dushassan?"

He nodded, disagreeing. "No," He said, simply. Shakuni giving him a glare glanced at Suyodhan and asked him to stop troubling him.

Indu smiled, realizing that there was still a bit of respect for her left in Dushassan's heart. "Fine, I'll do it myself."

He walked over to the platform with an evil look in his eyes. Bheem kept giving looks of pleading to Indu, wanting to protect her but he felt that she knew better than him. Earlier, she had protested to not come to this sabha, she knew.

Grasping her pendant, she knew her Kanha will save her. "Kanha, I need you. I don't understand what's happening. Please guide me, Manmohan, I feel as if I am trapped in a maze with no start, not exits, and no paths. Guide me with which path I choose. If something happens to me, I love you, Muralimanohar. I will forever be grateful that I could interact with you in one of my lifetimes, Shyam. Thank you for this new life, Krishna." She closed her eyes, dreading what was about to happen.

Duryodhan grabbed the end of her sari, pulling it slightly.

"Stop, you disgrace to mankind." A voice was heard, soon after which two men entered the sabha. Indu could recognize that voice anywhere, it was her husband. Her letter had reached Matsya and she knew that he wasn't bound to anything that happened in this sabha. With him was her brother, Karn.

"Mitra, how could you stoop so low?" He looked at him in disgust, walking over to his behena. For the first time, Arjun and the brothers were delighted to see Karn and they knew that they would forever be grateful to him if he could stop this.

Indu broke into a huge smile, rushing over to hug her husband. He wrapped her in a hug and she was delighted to know that she was safe in his arms.

"Are you fine?" The two men asked. She nodded and glanced at Duryodhan with pure hatred. "I want to leave."

Satyadev nodded. "Maharaj, please wait for the army of Matsya-"

"No!" Indu interrupted. "Don't." He knew that she might have a reason for that, yet he needed to question her. "Please." She simply said.

"Fine."

Kunti and Gandhari came shortly after and felt the tense aura in the sabha. "How dare you?" Kunti mumbled. Kunt was informed by the maids about what happened and that the sabha was over, so they could enter.

Duryodhan was quiet much on Shakuni's orders.

"Why would you even think of that, you monster?! What has my daughter ever done to you!?" She broke out in tears as Indu came running toward her

"Mata, when people lack the power to think, they take decisions that cannot be comprehended by someone with a sane mind."

Duryodhan, trying his best to ignore that comment, clenched his jaw tighter than it was.

"Let's go, putro. We have delt with enough nonsense."

"Maharahj, how can they simply leave? The decisions taken in this sabha still remain in effect. The Pandavas are still the servants of Duryodhan." Shakuni said, showing fake worry.

***

Draupadi, Agnishika, Subhadra, and other women of the house stood in front of the palace gateway, waiting eagerly for their sister. The moment they heard the news of what happened in the sabha, they were shaken to their core. "Indu?" Draupadi mumbled upon seeing her enter. The women ran towards her enveloping her in a hug.

The brothers walked behind her, receiving looks of hatred from their wives. "A woman has the mightiest brother in the whole Aryavarta, yet she has to wait for her husband to show up and protect her?" Draupadi said, looking at the 5 in wonder. "How could let this happen, Arya?" Subhadra asked a simple question to which they didn't know the answer themselves. They lowered their heads from shame as Indu said, "Let's go in, Kanha might be coming soon."

"I will be living with Arya until we leave for the vanvas." Indu said sitting down. The five nodded.

"Did you know that was going to happen?" Yudishthir mumbled, not able to look at her.

"Perks of hanging out with Kanha." She chuckled, using humor as a coping mechanism. "I-i'll be right back." Saying so she left the room, leaving the 5 men alone with their guilt.

"She knew the whole thing."

"How could Duryodhan even think of this?" Yudishthir ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Jyestha, do you not understand? It's simple- he hates us." Arjun replied.

"But all of this for a throne? Just a throne?"

"It's much more than a throne, Nakul. Much more."