Vol 2 - 1: Recommendation Exam!

[Revision of The Chapter Published – June 24th, 2023]

Four days passed in the blink of an eye, and Yoshihara had to admit that in that time, nothing happened. She had been glad for it for numerous reasons, but the most important reason was that because of nothing happening, her time in recovery had been relaxing.

Speaking of her recovery, it had been going quite well. The pills had boosted her body's natural healing rate. The pill was called Mezitopizine, and upon looking it up, Yoshihara found out that it had been created by The Pro Hero Recovery Girl. Only certain hospitals with her expressed permission sold it, which was a little stingy, but then again, Capitalism all but required one to have some sense of stinginess.

Still, though, the pills worked wonders. By the time day two had come along, the wounds had already started to scab. They would leave horrible scars, but she was used to seeing those, what with the majority of her body already being littered with them. What was the harm in adding a few more?

Moving on, Yoshihara found the change of pace—the lack of being attacked by Stand Users—quite relaxing. Nothing had happened, which was fairly good. At least, in that aspect. What wasn't good was the fact that nothing had happened.

What did she mean by that? Well... quite literally nothing had happened. Not ever since she had encountered Taro Tatsugi and his repugnant Stand, Renegades.

Literally. Nothing.

Sure, there were no threats from other Stand Users, which was a good thing. The blonde would have been more than happy for that to be the case. After all, the fewer Stand Users after her neck, the better.

The other problem was that, unfortunately, no progress had been made in the research or discovery of the illusive Stand Bullets. Despite their unique design, there was nothing comparable to them to go off of; at least, nothing that they could find.

On Izuku's end, nothing came of it either. He had gone over several articles talking about the bullets, and not one of them had anything useful. The most the articles would say about them was that they were incredibly dangerous, which should've gone without saying.

On Kujo's end, he and Sakunami had been trying to figure out what the bullets were made out of. So far, with their own resources, they hadn't been able to figure it out. There was no information on what type of plastic the casings were made out of, what metal the needles were forged in, nor the actual virus and chemical compound the bullets had inside of them that not only removed a person's Quirk, but also gave them the ability to awaken a Stand.

Even after sending the police one of the two bullets that Kujo had on hand as an anonymous tip gifted to them by The Speedwagon Foundation, nothing came of it. And that had been three days ago.

All in all, attempts to look into The Stand Bullet, at least as of now, were at a low. Kujo, however, hoped that something would come of it. He refused to give up, especially considering how dangerous these bullets were. While massive terroristic-style attacks were few and far between, when they did happen, these bullets always seemed to follow in droves.

Hundreds if not thousands of casings were found at the sites of these attacks. Some were fully discharged, and some weren't. Those that weren't were confiscated by SWF agents, while Kujo was given one or two for his independent research.

Inko had decided to stay out of the Stand Bullet debacle. At least for hands-on help. Apparently, during their last discussion, that being yesterday over a Discord call, the Midoriya matriarch hinted at the possibility that she might have a way to do a more covert investigation. When pressed, she kept quiet. Kujo trusted her, which meant that Yoshihara had to as well.