Vol 1 - 4: Meet the Midoriya's - Part 1

[Original Chapter uploaded - January 13th, 2022]

[Revised Chapter uploaded - January 7th, 2023]

[Secondary Revision of the chapter uploaded – June 12th, 2023]

[Third Revision of the chapter uploaded - March 16th, 2024]

Yoshihara expected a lot of things when it came to Midoriya's mother. What she hadn't expected was for her to be so nice. Then again considering just what kind of person Midoriya seemed to be, for Inko Midoriya to be practically the same should've come as no surprise to her. "Thank you," Yoshihara said as Inko took a step back and over to the left, giving Yoshihara room to enter the apartment.

When she did, Yoshihara slipped off her jacket and held it in her hands, looking for the nearest place to put it. Next to the entrance was a coathanger made of metal. It was convenient to say the very least. Hanging up her leather jacket, Yoshihara turned to face Inko, a semi-apologetic look on her face. "I know I'm a little early. Sorry about that."

"There's no need to apologize! You're alright," Inko placated, smiling as she clapped her hands in front of herself. Her smile was beyond infectious, something that Yoshihara was admittedly jealous of. She always wondered how anyone could have that kind of positivity about them. It had illuded her for all of her life, so to see others show it without a care in the world made her feel insecure about herself. At least in that regard.

"I see. Thank you, Midoriya-san," Yoshihara said, bowing ever so slightly, before standing up straight. "By the way, is Midoriya-kun here? I had thought he would be. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to go out on the weekends. No offence," Yoshihara said as Inko brought her hands to her side, nodding.

"None taken. And no, Izuku isn't home at the moment. Normally you'd be correct, but as of recently, he's gotten himself a personal trainer. About an hour ago I got a text from him saying he was still at the beach, and that if you came here to let you in. He had expected you to be early. Something about you "giving off that kind of energy" so to speak," Inko replied as Yoshihara hummed.

She supposed that she did give off that kind of vibe, didn't she? Yoshihara never was the kind of person to mess around, nor want to be late to things that she had planned in advance. She was always straightforward and to the point. If she had an agenda, she made it clear to all of those who needed to know—which wasn't many people. She wasn't a big fan of wasting time like a lot of others were. If there was something that needed to be done, it would get done.

After all, in the past, she wasn't often afforded time to joke around and waste time. Nine times out of ten if she wanted something done, it needed to be quick. Else she would never get the chance to get what she wanted done in time. While it sounded like a broken record, living on the streets tended to drive home the fact that time was a valuable thing. And if there was one thing that she valued more than anything else, it was time. The less of it she wasted, the better.

It was why she had a lot of habits that pertained to using up her time as effectively as possible. It was why she had a routine. It was why she never wasted even a second on something useless. It was why she hyper-focused on tasks and made sure to get things done. There was one thing you simply couldn't get back, and that was time. That was why her mentality when it came to doing things was the way it was.

She was getting sidetracked. This wasn't important, at least right now. "I see. Well, it's not like I'm not obvious about it. Even at school, I'm early to hand things in. So maybe he noticed that about me and applied that to how I work outside of school. He wouldn't be wrong to assume that," Yoshihara said as Inko chuckled softly to herself.