Vol 6 - 5: Stain's, Vipers, and Bones - Part 1

[Stain's, Vipers, and Bones – Part 1]

The sound of creaking wood echoed throughout a small living room. The living room in question was part of a quaint home on the outskirts of Musutafu, bordering Hosu, within a small neighbourhood, all lined with 20 houses on each side. The light of the moon shone through an open window, curtains blowing in the wind as the sound of police sirens filled the streets.

A man dressed in a light-brown trench coat and fedora stood in the living room, arms straightened against the sides of the man's body. His hands were in his pockets, hiding balled-up fists. The look of disgust on his face was enough to send anyone looking at him into worry. Before him were two corpses, one with purplish black hair, female, and the other with blond hair, male.

"Detective Tsukauchi? Do we have identification?" An officer asked as Tsukauchi sighed. He turned to face the officer, his eyes narrowed. The officer flinched, which caused Tsukauchi to let off the glare. Taking a moment to compose himself, Tsukauchi responded.

"The blond is Kyotoko Jirou, and the purple-haired woman is Mika Jirou.... From looks alone, they died hours ago. Someone broke into the house, with no signs of damage. No fingerprints, no shoeprints, no nothing. Whoever did this is a professional—a hired killer," Tsukauchi said, eyebrows furrowed. "Though... I have no idea why they'd do such a thing. The Jirous were an ordinary family. They had no ties to anyone majorly important, nor were there any heroes in their family's bloodline.... So why—"

"I think I might know why...." A tired, dry-sounding voice echoed throughout the house. Tsukauchi sighed yet again, pinching the bridge of his nose before exhaling, and putting his hand back into his trenchcoat pocket. He needed to keep calm and move forward. This was serious, so thankfully it wasn't some rookie who was standing at the door. He knew that voice from anywhere because no one could mimic that amount of dryness even if they tried.

Turning around, he saw Eraserhead standing in the doorway, leaning against it as if he owned the place. It wasn't in a gesture of arrogance, but rather it was more or less just him keeping his balance and being prepared to jump at a moment's notice if someone came in to attack or finish the job. Next to him was what appeared to be an intern—Karera Sakunami, if he remembered correctly.

The only reason he remembered her was because of her performance in The Sports Festival, and that her Quirk was interesting compared to, what Tsukauchi would deem basic Quirks. Hair Manipulation was something only found in rural parts of Japan because Quirks like those were more common. After all, villains didn't attack almost every waking hour of every day in rural parts of the country, so overpowered Quirks like some of the stuff you'd see in the Top Ten weren't needed to be there.

Besides that, the kid looked mortified, hand over her mouth as her eyes widened to the size of dinner plates. Good. That was the type of reaction he was hoping for. Not because he liked seeing kids get traumatized, but because it showed that she knew just how dangerous this job could be. That, or maybe she recognized them to some extent. And if she had connections with the family, maybe that could be intel that he could use.

However, Tsukauchi had to admit, he was a little bit surprised. Not because the kid was here, mind you, but because of something else. The surprise came with the fact that Eraserhead actually had an intern. He assumed that Eraserhead always worked alone, so this was something new. He hoped this intern knew what they were doing, because if not... then things would get annoying, and quick.

"Eraserhead. What a surprise to see you here. I didn't exactly call for any heroes to stop by. So, why are you here?" Tsukauchi asked, crossing his arms. Eraserhead shook his head, standing up straight, hands in his pockets as he approached the corpses. The two police officers tried to stop him but were met with a single glare from the pro, which was enough to get them to back off.