Vol 7 - 4: Dorm Life? New Classes?! What!? - Part 3

[Dorm Life? New Classes?! What!? – Part 3]

Darkness. She was surrounded by darkness, and she didn't know why. Kyoka Jirou's first instinct was to use her Quirk to see if she could listen around to potentially get a read as to where she was at, but when she didn't feel her Quirk respond to her signal, her heart began to pick up the pace. Her next instinct was to try and move her arms, but that didn't work either. When she opened her eyes, she could feel something blocking her vision, which only made things worse.

She felt something hard against her back, wood, she assumed. And considering she was sitting, that meant she was tied up on a wooden chair, and with a blindfold on. She was kidnapped, that much was obvious, and for whatever reason her Quirk was responding to her. The idea that she had her Quirk removed from her body was the first thing that came to mind as morbid as that sounded. But, at the same time, considering what had been happening lately, that wasn't exactly as farfetched as it seemed.

"W-where am I?" Kyoka barked out, proving to her that she at least wasn't gagged or under the control of some kind of mind-control or silencing Quirk. A set of footsteps echoed around her, as she felt a hand clasp her shoulder. Her body became rigid with fear, as sweat began to pour down her forehead. A lump formed in her throat, which she quickly swallowed. A chill crept up her spine, goosebumps breaking out all over her skin, all the while rapid ideas of where she had been began to flood her mind.

"Ah, you're alive! Good!" A sickly cheerful voice assaulted her ears, making her cringe. "And here I thought I was carrying a corpse! I mean, you were so cold that it made sense to me that you had died thanks to The Bullet!" The voice continued, as her memory began to catch up to what she was hearing.

That voice. It was the same voice that she had heard when she had been attacked in her hotel room. When she had been trying to change into some sleepwear, that was when she had been attacked by the person to whom this voice belonged. That voice echoed in her left ear, which only made the chill that had been travelling down her spine more chilling. The hand that was clasping her shoulder... it probably belonged to her attacker, and... oh god, was she still in her underwear?!

"Before you panic about being underdressed, I finished the job for you when you slipped into the realm of unconsciousness. Villain I may be, but considerate I am, as well. Besides, you're not my type, anyway," the voice said, as the sound of something... slurping crept up next to her ear. It was like something was licking its lips, in a kind of predatory way. It made more goosebumps appear on her skin, as she cringed yet again, struggling to move in the wooden chair she was tied to. "Or maybe... you are? Who knows?"

"You're a creep!" Kyoka cried out, as the person the voice belonged to laughed.

"You're precious, Kyoka Jirou. But, please, there's no need to think like that about me," as the person said that, the blindfold was lifted, and as Kyoka's eyes adjusted to the darkness, a man stood before her.

He was tall and lean, and his skin was pale, sickly pale. He had long, black hair that reached down to the back of the man's neck and curled upwards, like arrows pointing to the sky. His eyes were inhuman-looking and yellow, and he had arrow-shaped earrings hanging from his ears. He wore what appeared to be a sized-up green gakuran school uniform, though he was clearly an adult. Then, there were his teeth. Most of them looked normal, but his canines were extra-pointy. His hands were also clawed, which made him look even more creepy in her opinion.

And then, the man spoke again.

"Because starting today... I'm your boss," the man said, as Kyoka raised an eyebrow, looking around her. Four other people were standing around, but they were all obscured in shadow. The only thing she could make out about them was their eyes. One who had been leaning behind the yellow-eyed school uniform-wearing creep had red eyes, and the one beside him was another person who had white eyes, meaning he was either blind or they had naturally white eyes. Either way, it didn't matter to Kyoka.