Vol 4 - 6: The Sports Festival - Part 3

[The Sports Festival – Part 3]

"TAKE A LOOK HERE! TWO HIGH-BOUNTY FIGHTERS ARE ABOUT TO DUKE IT OUT! WHO'S GOING TO WIN?! WILL IT BE FIFTH PLACE KATSUKI BAKUGO FROM CLASS 1 – A? OR WILL IT BE THIRD PLACE KUJO JOSEFUMI, ALSO FROM CLASS 1 – A?!"

As Present Mic's voice reverberated throughout the stadium, hundreds of members in the crowd cheered, whooped, and hollered. However, in the stadium itself, it was a completely different story.

Two sets of eyes glared daggers at one another. One pair was filled with righteous determination, while the other was filled with jealousy and rage. One pair was diamond blue, and the other was ruby red. Josefumi Kujo and Katsuki Bakugo made no moves and simply stared at one another. Both were battle geniuses, and both knew that. Well, perhaps the latter was lacking a little bit in tactics, but he knew not to rush in.

Rushing in was a death sentence, proverbially speaking. Standing in front of him was someone who made it into the top three after the race. Someone who had a bounty in the six digits. Of course, that didn't bother the blond, but there was a reason why his bounty was so high.

And while Katsuki knew damn well that he could steamroll the boy in front of him, there was something that he was using other than his Quirk that gave him the tiniest of edges over the blond bomber. It was with that information that he observed the boy. After all, running in like a fool would only make him lose; and if there was one thing Bakugo Katsuki hated above all else, it was losing.

They were both wearing their school gym uniform with no modifications as per regulations for the Sports Festival. Pompadork had the height difference on him, which was something that irked him, but genetics in terms of height was pointless in a fight, aside from height-related Quirks, that was. The boy's pompadour was distracting, which might have been the point of it. Wildly styled hair was a tactic that early Barbarians and Vikings used to catch their opponents off guard.

But that wasn't what he was looking for. Hair wasn't a weapon, at least in Pompadork's case. People like Vines and whoever the girl was that Pompadork beat were completely different stories.

As he continued to scan his opponent to see what it was that he might've used to hurt him other than using his Quirk, his eyes locked onto something small in his right hand, that being a Steel Ball. The ball in question was as previously mentioned, small. It had the word JOJO carved into it, and it was seemingly smooth all around.

There were plenty of questions now flowing through Bakugo's head, chief amongst them being rather obvious...

"That's what almost broke my ribs?!" Bakugo thought, growling. It was impossible to believe that such a small ball could do something like that. Then again, the word impossible seemed to mean nothing as of late. Deku's growth as a person and in power was one of the things he once deemed impossible, but now he was a lot more confident in himself. However, he had a reasonable amount of disbelief in the fact that a puny ball like that could do that much damage.

Well, no. There was a way for that to be the case, but only if its user had super strength, and Pompadork decidedly did not. There was something special about the ball that made it do as much damage as it did, but for now, he'd have to figure that out later. Never mind the fact it was a weapon, and since Bakugo couldn't bring in his gauntlets, he questioned if Pompadork pulled some sort of strings to allow himself to bring it in.

Whatever the case might have been, he'd have to think about it at a later time.

Now that he found what had hit him, all he had to do was knock it out of the boy's hands, and he would be utterly defenceless. In the battle trials, when he watched Pompadork set up that little trick on Icy Hot, he noticed that his bubbles were slow-moving. Slow moving meant easily avoidable. Therefore whatever he could use after knocking the pathetic little ball out of his hand was next to nothing compared to his speed.