Vol 3 - 6: Sports Festival Prep - Part 4

[Sports Festival Prep – Part 4]

"KILLER QUEEN!" Yoshihara shouted, the stand appearing before her as it blocked a kick aimed at her head, grabbing the ankle of her perpetrator. The pink cat-like Stand threw the attacker away and towards a wall as said attacker spun in the air, their feet connecting to the floor as they backflipped several times before getting into a defensive stance, a smile on their face.

"Good job, Yoshi-chan!" The excited and cheerful tone of voice belonging to Nemuri echoed throughout the training dojo that was co-owned by the titular pro hero, located deeper within Musutafu city. She was dawned in her hero costume, and in her left hand was her signature weapon, that being a whip.

"One critique, though, and that's the shouting of your Stand's name. While I may not be able to see it, shouting its name will cause your opponent to grow wary of you and what you might do next. You've become too reliant on your Stand. We will go again, but next time, I want you to come at me with your own physical strength. Not Killer Queen's." Nemuri explained, tossing her weapon aside, which was caught by one of the sidekicks stationed near the timer reset.

"Yes, mother," Yoshihara said, bowing her head as Killer Queen returned to its user. As the blonde did this, Nemuri nodded, looking over to the timer as it reset, the person behind this being one of Nemuri's sidekicks. The two sparring partners got into defensive fighting stances, and as soon as they did, the timer began.

The two charged at one another, Nemuri reeling back her left hand for a punch, while Yoshihara stopped to put up a block. As soon as she did, Nemuri switched her movements on a dime and went to sweep Yoshihara's legs out from underneath her.

The attack hit, knocking her feet out from underneath the blonde. Just before she landed, Yoshihara's right hand hit the ground. Using her leverage in the air, she pushed with all of her might to jump up and backward, landing on her feet almost perfectly, slipping up at the last second, which allowed Nemuri to punish her by closing the distance and kneeing the blonde in the chest, sending her close to the edge of the arena, which would have disqualified her from the sparring match.

Balancing herself in a split second, she dodged out of the way of an overly choreographed right hook, which was then followed up by a less choreographed left jab, which Yoshihara was able to grab, locking Nemuri in place.

Before the ravenette could react, Yoshihara delivered a swift knee to the gut, winding Nemuri, and then, Judo tossed the ravenette over the shoulder, sending her out of the arena. The timer rang out, Yoshihara taking heavy breaths from all the physical exertion she had expressed.

"Very good... Yoshi-chan...." Nemuri breathed out, collecting herself. "It seems that all this training is paying off. Though, I must ask, have you been practicing during your free time?" Nemuri questioned, slowly picking herself up as Yoshihara hummed.

"Yes, I have. I need to be ready for the Sports Festival. I'm not about to look like a fool during the events. I've also limited myself to only using my Bubble Bombs. Just because the staff knows about my Stand, doesn't mean the rest of the world needs to know," Yoshihara said, earning a nod from Nemuri. The ravenette walked over to a bench and picked up a black water bottle before squirting water into her mouth, sighing out of refreshment.

Yoshihara joined the pro-hero, sitting beside her, fixing the collar on her black crop top. She had elected to wear it for flexibility's sake, though she bandaged up her waist to not show her scars to anyone who didn't need to see it. She was also wearing a pair of black shorts, and black stockings that usually went with her school uniform.

She grabbed the plastic bottle of water she had brought with her and took a few sips from it, putting the cap back on before standing up again. "I'm ready to go again if you are," Yoshihara said as Nemuri laughed.