Vol 3 - 2: Malfunction in the Junction - Part 2

[Malfunction in the Junction – Part 2]

Dakima and Karera stared down at one another 2 meters apart, their eyes carrying a sharp, deadly glare. For one, this was about saving her friends from a crazed lunatic. For the others, it was about reclaiming what they had lost. A battle of selflessness versus selfishness. Whoever won the fight would claim the spoils, and whoever lost would most likely die.

Their stands floated behind them, ready and waiting to be used. It was like something out of a Western movie. Both waited for the right opening to engage. Neither took a step forward nor did either of them take a step back. They stayed absolutely still. By now, any bystanders who were interested in watching the fight go down had already begun to do so, drawing out their phones to record the soon-to-be-brawl.

With careful eyes, the combatants glared as a heavy silence filled the hall the two stood in. It stayed like this for another few minutes, until finally, Karera broke the quiet.

"I'll give you one more chance. Let my friends go, and we can both walk away from this," Karera bargained, shifting her stance ever-so-slightly. "I don't want to have to fight you. Besides, your body language is telling me the same thing, so why don't you just leave, give me back my friends, and we can end this right here, and right now," Karera said, narrowing her eyes as the man did not move.

There was a brief moment of silence between the two yet again. It almost looked like Dakima was willing to take up that offer until something in his eyes changed. A wave of determination flowed within them, and it was at that point that Karera understood that no amount of bargaining would get her out of this fight.

The man shook his head, frowning. "Sorry kid. Nothing personal," Dakima said, letting out a sigh, and then, he shouted, "I WANT MY HUMANITY BACK!" Steam Powered Giraffe sent out a yellow cable, and in response, somehow, Dakima's hair made a shield in front of Karera, blocking the attack.

"H-Huh?!" Dakima sputtered, raising an eyebrow as he looked up at his hair, which had a golden hue around it. It didn't take him long to put two-and-two together "Ah, so that's your Stand's ability, hair manipulation. I'm lucky my own ability doesn't work on me, otherwise, that would've been extremely anti-climatic," Dakima said, a chuckle behind his tone as the wire went around the hair to wrap up Karera.

However, when Dakima felt that it didn't touch something, The German raised an eyebrow. That was when he felt a fist smash against his face, and Dakima, along with his Stand, was sent flying into the wall. Karera stood there, her chest rising up and down due to heavy breathing. That was close.... If I hadn't jumped when I did... I would've lost...." Karera thought, looking at the wall where the man was launched into. The wall cracked under his immense weight, and that had been every passerby's cue to run. Karera ran as well, ducking into the store behind him before Dakima could refocus.

"Damn, you hit hard, girl," Dakima snarled, getting out of the hole in the wall. "But my cybernetic body can take more hits than just that!" The blond spat, his hair retracting back to where it once was before Steam Powered Giraffe's red wires began to shoot out of its body and connect to his arm, transforming it into a canon.

"Not only can I lock people into my phone, using Steam Powered Giraffe, but I can also augment any electronic in 100 meters of myself! INCLUDING MY OWN BODY!" Dakima shouted, a red visor coming out of his metallic forehead. The visor gave him the ability to see through walls, but he couldn't find anyone that matched Karera's appearance.

"Hmph, she ran. Talk about all that editing for nothing... hmm, but she won't stay hidden. Not for long, that is," Dakima growled, the red wires detaching from his arm, turning it back to normal and attaching to every security camera in the 100-meter radius around him.