Vol 9 - 1: Final Exams - Part 5

For those wondering where I have been in terms of updating this fic, it's just I've been re-editing the first and second volumes of this story. Vol 1 – 2 through 2 – 1 have been edited, so if you would like to see the changes, of which there are too many to count, you should go and do it. I've basically completely upended the original beginning of the fic for something more in tone of the later volumes. The premises are still the same, as is the plot, but I expanded upon the fights that were already there. Primarily Inko's battle with Yoshihara.

That being said, if you don't, that's fine. Either way, I hope you all enjoy this chapter all the same.

[Beta Read by Doc43Souls]

Pulling back on the black leather of her hero costume's right glove, Yoshihara frowned as it tightened around her fingers. It felt... right. But at the same time, it felt wrong. The glove seemed to have shrunk, or perhaps her hands are just a little bit bigger than they were the last time she wore them. A frown wormed its way on her face as she closed the locker that she was keeping her school uniform in.

The day of the practical exam had arrived, and a bout of nervousness had begun to form in her stomach. She had never been nervous about an exam like this in a long time, but considering the type of exam it was, it was reasonable to assume that this, unlike the written exam, wouldn't be as much of a cakewalk as that had been.

She had no idea what this exam would be like, but if she had to harbour a guess, it wasn't going to be an easy one. This was the final exam before school broke out for the summer, and she knew that the teachers had something in mind for them.

And so, with that in mind, instead of using the time that was given to them yesterday to go out and about, and get away from campus, Yoshihara used that time to train her physical body, which had left her dead tired. That was bad enough as is, but there was still the fact that it wasn't the only thing that she had done.

On top of that, she was now tasked to clean the dorms whenever they needed cleaning. Which, in other words, meant every time before bed. As a result, she was more than a little fatigued, having only 5 or so hours of sleep instead of her usual 8 hours.

Her muscles were sore from doing upper body training, though she'd get over it eventually. That soreness was worse because of the cleaning she had to do. Thankfully, she didn't have to clean the other rooms, just the foyer, kitchen, and laundry room. She had to do this for a month in order for her to "learn her lesson" as Aizawa-sensei put it.

Kira wasn't stupid. She knew that Aizawa knew that she had something to do with Bakugo's condition. He couldn't pinpoint what it was, and it was going to stay that way. The bastard deserved worse in her opinion, but he did save her life. Just because he did that though didn't mean it redeemed him. All it did was save him from possibly being blacklisted from U.A. or worse, in a grave at her hands.

Though, the more she thought about it, the more Kira was beginning to think that she was letting her anger get the better of her. Yes, Bakugo was an abusive piece of shit. That was something anyone with half a brain and a functioning moral compass could see. He was also a manipulative little shitstain who liked bullying the weak and getting others to do the same. But, she also reasoned that perhaps there was something more to that behaviour.

As she had learned about her mother, not everyone was necessarily born evil, but rather, they were made evil. For her mother, it was her Bipolar Disorder and the tumour in the back of her brain that caused her to be what she ended up devolving into.

Bakugo Katsuki wasn't evil, at least not entirely. She reasoned that there was a chance that he had been driven to think that he was far better than he really was by those around him. Not that she had any interest in figuring out the rest. But, if Izuku wanted to talk about it, maybe she could garner more information on the matter.