Vol 4 - 4: The Sports Festival - Part 1

[The Sports Festival – Part 1]

Josefumi blinked, his eyes heavy as he let out a small groan. His alarm was ringing in his left ear, meaning that it was time to wake up. However, the young Joestar wasn't all too interested in doing that. He just wanted to stay in his comfy bed, snuggled up in his blankets, his head against the pillow with his eyes clamped shut with his girlfriend right next to him—and after all of that hellish training, who could blame him?

Outside of himself and Karera, Gio was sleeping on the couch with a pillow and a thin sheet, whilst Gyro was staying at a hotel nearby, around about a block or two away. Those two were going back to Italy in a few hours, and as much as he liked spending time with Gio, he had enough of him being around.

Don't get him wrong, he and Gio were thick as thieves, but there were only so many pranks that could be pulled, and so many steel balls thrown specifically at one's kneecaps before one pretty much exploded.

The training, as said above, was hellish. Gyro wasn't kidding when he said he was going to put the pompadour-haired boy through hell. He ran laps, he lifted weights twice his usual weight, he practiced the Spin in loud bustling cities so he could learn to concentrate on it above all other things, and he worked on incorporating The Spin into his Stand's abilities which had been the easiest thing that he had done.

Well, that was until Gyro brought out Ball Breaker. Seriously, for something so small Josefumi never would've thought that it would do so much damage. He remembered that the damn thing had fractured one of his ribs just by lightly slapping his chest. He was thankful for Gyro also being a Hamon master. That would've been a serious problem if he hadn't been.

"Hnn... Jojo..." the soft voice of his girlfriend whispered into his right ear. She had wrapped her arms around his right arm, which only made the teen let out a tired sigh. To be fair to her, they hadn't gotten to be like this in two weeks. Gyro had taken him and Gio out camping to practice The Spin in solitude except for the times they trained within the city, to which he made him stay in an abandoned building by a busy highway to practice his Spin there.

He also should've expected her to demand that they have time by themselves, which Gyro tried to stop.

Key word being tried.

It turns out that Love Love Deluxe, while being weaker than Ball Breaker, was faster, and its ability was infinitely more useful for hanging people by their hair upside down and specifically by their left pinky toe, over enhancing the range of The Spin. Needless to say, the evening he returned with Gyro and Gio, they got to witness that spectacle, and then he got dragged into their room.

The less he said about what happened in that room, the better.

The Joestar sighed, slowly sitting up and shaking his arm free from Karera, who shifted underneath their covers, grumbling something. The boy let out a sigh before yawning, glancing out the bedroom window of their apartment. It was 5:30 AM, and when he saw the time, he wanted to groan. He might have gotten into his bed at 10:30 last night, but he didn't fall asleep until 1:00 AM.

And it was all Karera's fault.

Not that he would be against what they did last night. Far from it, in fact. His only issue was that it was 1:00 AM when she decided to stop, and now they were both about to go to the Sports Festival on 4 hours of sleep.

He turned around, knelt on the bed, and shook her in an effort to wake her up, earning a groan. "Hnn... Jojo, stop it... I don't want to get up yet...." Karera moaned, only to be shaken again. "Jojo...."

"No, Karera. It's time to get up. Today's the Sports Festival, and I'm not going to be the one to drag you out of bed," Josefumi replied, getting off the bed. "If you're really that tired, get some coffee into ya," Josefumi continued, sighing.