Vol 5 - 7: Meeting The Joestars - Part 1

[Meeting The Joestars – Part 1]

Yoshihara was up earlier than she would've wanted to be. But, there was a reason for it, and it wasn't just because she couldn't sleep. While this wasn't exactly the main reason as to why she was early, it did contribute. It was something that she had been dealing with all of her life, but thanks to recent changes in her life, she now hated it. What was it? Well...

She hated being alone. Now, most people would say that would be obvious. But being someone who had been alone for so long, going from being used to it to now suddenly hating it changed a lot of things for Yoshihara.

For starters: Waking up alone.

It was strange, being alone in bed without someone to wake up next to. She had only done it once, but she hated the fact that it was only once. She wanted to be with Izuku again. She wanted to hold him again, just like she did yesterday. Waking up in her room without him just felt wrong, and she hated it.

But it wasn't as if it was unreasonable to suggest that she shouldn't. It was something new, and new things, at least as of late, had been good. She wasn't being inundated with constant bad thoughts. She knew she wasn't alone, and that she could have people to fall back on now. The change in her life as of late was good, and not bad.

So many times in the past, change had been nothing but horrible to her. Her experience with change had been traumatic. It was why she kept routines as much as she could. It was why she preferred to know what was going to happen and when. It was why she liked trying to get a grasp on something before ever doing it.

So many times in her life, she had been forced to change her way of life for someone else's benefit. So many times in her life, she had been made a mockery of due to change. From going from an abused youth in an abusive household to an abused youth living on the streets, whoring herself out to pay for food and clothing, to a not-so-abused teenager who was still whoring herself out, but this time to pay for rent, food, clothing, and all necessary bills to live.

It wasn't exactly a surprise to know that Yoshihara was against change. But now, it was different. Now, she was healing. She was getting better. It was a long road ahead of her, and she knew that. But it would get better. She had to tell herself that because if she didn't, she wouldn't believe it. At least, in the past, anyway. Nowadays, not so much.

And it was all because of change. It was funny, how the very thing that ruined her life came back around to help her. It was all so insane how she was able to turn her life around in what some may call a short amount of time. Almost a full year had gone by since she moved in with Nemuri, next month marking that anniversary for the betterment of her life.

But, that was beside the point. There was another reason as to why she wasn't all too pleased about being awake this early. And it all had to do with something that had been pestering her since yesterday.

But first, some context.

When she initially got up, Yoshihara looked at the time and found that it had been 4:30 in the morning when she had gotten up. Her flight was scheduled for 6:00 a.m., and the airport was an hour away. She had already packed a suitcase for her trip the night prior. It contained several changes of clothes, her hero costume, Volumes 1 through 10 of Demon Slayer, the stupid test that Aizawa-sensei purchased for her, which she shoved into a deep corner of her suitcase, and a few of those cheap instant ramen bowls.

Don't get her wrong, she had tasted American food before and even she would admit that it was okay at best, but that didn't mean she was going to eat it for two whole weeks. That was NOT happening. She'd soon rather die than eat stuff she was not familiar with, and that was not even because said food had contained two times the amount of calories that she ate within a day.