Vol 5 - 3: The Sports Festival - Part 8

[The Sports Festival – Part 8]

A blond-haired boy sat at a table, a smirk on his face as he watched the mini-screen in Class 1 – B's prep room. He had watched the previous two battles before the one that finished in the crowd. He had to admit, he wasn't exactly wrong to think that those battles were leagues better than this one. After all, it was hard to follow the fight when one person was seemingly doing nothing and still winning.

It also didn't help that said person who was winning the fight was a convicted murderer, but that was neither here nor there.

The boy in question had his hair combed back, his dark blue eyes cascading a condescending glance around the room as he looked away from the T.V. He wore the U.A. gym uniform, as did every other contender of The Sports Festival, and his skin was a touch paler than most of his classmates.

The way he sat made him look like the height of royalty, although he was, in fact, a middle-class citizen. Then again, who wouldn't want to at least pretend that they're rich? At least he wasn't dirt poor. And yet, despite this front of a snarky, condescending personality, Neito Monoma knew very well that his opponent, Itsuka Kendo, was someone to respect.

In fact, his whole class were people who he elected to respect. They were the misfits. They weren't the "main characters" so to speak. Class 1 – A ensured that thanks to their whole wack-ass ensemble of people. Hell, they survived a villain attack, and now they had a killer in their midst. In the beginning, he saw both their classes as equal. But now? Now that they were harbouring a murderer? He saw them as lesser.

And who wouldn't? Someone who killed someone, villain or otherwise, was themselves a villain. That was a human life they ended. Regardless of who they were, their life mattered. At least, depending on the crime. As far as Neito was concerned, if the villain's crime was the rape of a child or the mass-murdering of a public place, then at that point that villain's death was deserved.

Innocent people, on the other hand? Well, that was a completely different story for very obvious reasons. Killing the people you were meant to protect? That was spitting on the idea of being a Hero. He assumed that Yoshihara Kira would've been expelled by now. And yet, here she was, claiming to be something she wasn't. A fake. A fraud.

She needed to be put in her place.

"Would the next fighters please come to the arena? I repeat. Would the next pair of fighters please come to the arena? The next round is about to begin."

Neito sighed, standing up as he dusted off his gym uniform. His Copy Quirk was pretty overpowered all things considered. Anyone he touched, with a few exceptions, he could copy the Quirk of for 5 minutes. Currently, he decided to copy Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu's Quirk: Steel.

His reasoning for copying it was that it would make him sturdy enough to contend against Itsuka's Big Fist Quirk. Not only that but if she tried to shove him out of the arena, he could just become Steel and stand his ground. Not to mention his steel fists would hurt a hell of a lot more than her fists against his Steel skin.

In other words, he picked the Quirk that would counter hers completely. Just because they were classmates, didn't mean he was going to make this a fair fight.

And so, as he walked onto the Arena, he watched Itsuka come onto the battlefield. There was a look of determination in her eyes, as did he. They were the only two in Class 1 – B to make it this far. He knew only one of them was going to continue to the next round, and he was going to make damn sure it was HIM who did.

Itsuka might've been the class's president, but he was their strongest member outside of Jurota and her. And it wasn't as if that was something he thought up to boost his ego, it was simply the truth. With his ability to copy a majority of all Quirks on the planet, he was quite literally what one might call a jack of all trades.