Vol 4 - 5: The Sports Festival - Part 2

[The Sports Festival – Part 2]

The Stadium had been full of excited audience members, protesters, and pro heroes; the latter of which were there to scope out future talent that they could recruit for their agencies in the near future. So far, only a few of them were impressed by what was to offer, but those were some of the lower-tier heroes that were just starting, and looking for people to help bolster their numbers and to make their names just that much bigger in the grand scheme of things.

If someone from U.A. had willingly come to their agencies, the media would be all over them, and then, their careers would skyrocket into popularity; even if it was only for the briefest of moments, that was all that was needed.

None of the larger named Pro Heroes in the rankings, namely the top twenty, were impressed, but they were hoping to be impressed sooner rather than later. Otherwise, all of this would be a waste of time.

All except for one Jonathon Kujo, or Johnny, for short. Though technically speaking, he didn't count, seeing as he wasn't from Japan, and he had a bit of a biased reason for being here. He had specifically flown down from America to watch his son participate in the U.A. Sports Festival, as well as get a glimpse at his niece, Yoshihara Kira. Needless to say, he had been impressed with both of their performances, if not a little bit concerned.

But why was he concerned? They did do a good job, and it wasn't as if they were failing to meet his expectations. They were exceeding them, actually; especially Yoshihara, seeing as he had never met her before. The older Kujo assumed that Josefumi had been helping her get a handle on her Stand, which was why she was so good with it.

And it was speaking of Stands that made him so worried in the first place.

It was a little-known secret to those in the know that Stand Users were a million times more powerful than people with Quirks; even with some of those Quirks being stupidly overpowered like Shoto Todoroki's Half-Cold-Half-Hot. But even though his Quirk was powerful, it would likely stand no chance against something like his Tusk or his son's Soft & Wet, simply because they could not see their opponent.

Not to mention, while some of the Abilities that some Stands have, on paper, are rubbish, take Tusk's nail projectile ability for example. But, because of The Spin, Johnny was a million times more powerful in that regard. Others, however, were far different. They could be possibly reality-breaking.

Take America's 9th-ranked pro hero, Valentino, otherwise known as Craig Valentine, a descendant of the 57th President Funny Valentine. He had their family's heredity Stand, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, which could allow the user to hop between dimensions with pathetic ease and allow the man to summon clones of himself from other timelines—and that wasn't all, nor did it even begin to scratch the surface on what it could do. That wasn't taking into account the physical power it had, nor the speed or durability.

That alone ensured that Quirks were vastly undercut. Nothing in recorded history, except for perhaps his better, Star And Stripe, could compare to something like D4C or Tusk and its various Acts.

And it was because of Abilities like D4C's that Stands were forced to be kept secret, and that wasn't even to mention Stands of old. If people knew about something as insane as Made In Heaven or The World, or even Crazy Diamond and Star Platinum, people would begin to panic, and civil unrest would be brought about.

Of course, Stands weren't always that extreme—hell, the chances of Stands like those popping up were one in a million. But even then, the weakest of Stands could compare to the Strongest of Quirks. If one wanted an example, look no further than something like Karera Sakunami's Love Love Deluxe.