Vol 10 - 1: Training Camp From Hell - Part 7

Well, it's been a while since I put out an actual author's note, soooo... uh, hello! Been a while, hasn't it? I don't typically put these here because they take up page time, so I'll try and be as quick as possible so we can actually get to the chapter. With that said...

Volume 10, huh.... I'll be honest, I never thought that I'd get past single-digit volume counts. And yet, here we are, at the forest camp training arc, reaching the crescendo of said arc before shit hits the fan. This is also slowly beginning to reach Sports Festival levels of length. To be fair it makes sense. It also oddly mirrors MHA in terms of volume number where this exact event happened. I think... ANNNNDDDD I'm a little off. We're not exactly matching, but we're pretty close all things considered.

Another thing: there are a few people I want to give thanks to, as DLB has reached its second anniversary. Seriously, two years. I've put two years of work into this fanfic. What started as a project to work on during the pandemic evolved past that and transformed into something else. And quite frankly, it's rather shocking. I never expected this to happen, and I thought it would be dead by now. But I guess that didn't happen, and I'm glad about that.

So, to Dounthair5618 and Doc43Souls, thank you for sticking around behind the scenes. It means a lot that you'd take time out of your day to not only talk to me but, in the case of Dounthair, work on crossover projects with me. And in the case of Doc, thank you for doing a large chunk of beta-reading for me since the end of Volume 7, which doesn't seem all that long ago... until you realize it's been four months.... Yeah, time flies.

Of course, a mandatory thank you to every reader and commenter for sticking with me for as long as you all have. I know FF as a platform is practically broken, and the analytics on the site are basically broken beyond repair because, let's face it, the fossil of a website isn't going to be around for much longer much to my immense depression, I know there are still people out there reading on it. So thank you to everyone who has been sticking with me for this long. Seriously, without you guys, this story wouldn't be where it is.

Two years, 500K-ish words, teetering on 600K when counting author's notes, 72 chapters, and a dream. And to think, we're only NOW just reaching the halfway point. Yeah. We're JUST reaching the halfway point of the fic. It sounds absurd, and it is, but that's the truth. If I were to guess how many more chapters there are for this particular arc... I'd say somewhere around four to five chapters, which would make it surpass The Sports Festival Arc. It is one of the most important for the plot, ergo it's going to be longer as a result.

So, with that in mind... how about we get to the chapter now? I said I'd make this quick, and I ended up taking up almost a whole page. I'm a bit of a liar if you couldn't tell. Hehe. So, cutting to the chase... let's get into the chapter! Once again, thank you all for being here, and I hope you enjoy the chapter! Comment, like, follow, favourite, or whatever you wish to do.

I wish you all a wonderful day!

[Beta read by Doc43Souls]

Tenko hummed to himself as he watched the members of The League get ready for tonight's big event. Dabi had recently returned with intel on The Camp. The Heroes don't expect a damned thing, even after what that Vampire had done with that stupid Thrall. Honestly, he was worried for a second that because of The Vampire, they would've been found out. But, fortunately, that didn't happen. Fortunately, The Vampire's screw-up also wasn't much of a screw-up, as his involvement had gotten rid of one of those stupid brats, and had immobilized one of them completely, leaving The Heroes with two fewer people to use on the playing field.

Sometimes, meddling was helpful, it seemed. The Vampire had used a cheat code, that being his Flesh Buds, to permanently erase one character file, and bugged the other. It was honestly a perfect set of events. Well, not perfect. There was still the issue of the Stand Users. But, they could be dealt with from a distance.