Vol 3 - 3: Sports Festival Prep - Part 1

[Sports Festival Prep – Part 1]

The air within the Kujo and Sakunami household was tense. The air was so tense that one wouldn't be able to cut it even with the sharpest of knives. The couple wasn't mad at one another, mind you, but the information that had been just dealt out to one Josefumi Kujo was something he had not been expecting in the least.

There was always a part of him that made him question why he felt drawn to Yoshihara. He thought that it was the allure of her being a Stand User, and as someone who, outside of Karera, knew no one else that was a Stand User of his age, he wanted to meet her and see what her powers had been.

But now? Now that had suddenly changed. Today, he had learned that something else might have been at play. Something that he did NOT see coming, and was completely out of left field. There wasn't much that could usually shock the Joestar, but this bit of information did. So much so that he had to sit and think about it for more than a half-hour.

Right now, Josefumi was sitting on the living room loveseat as he took a sip out of his steaming hot cup of tea—herbal tea, to be exact. His eyes were narrowed in thought as the steam from the hot beverage whisked up his nose. His face was drawn into a stern expression, as he pondered the information.

"Are you sure that what you saw was the Birthmark?" The concerned and also very confused voice of Josefumi spoke, his eyebrow raised and his body language one of tense frustration and also curiosity. All he got in response to his question was a determined nod from Karera Sakunami, which only further increased the stress that was placed upon the pompadour-haired teen.

"And you're 100% sure that this wasn't a tattoo or anything like an oddly formed scar?" Josefumi pressed as Karera groaned.

"Fumi-kun, would I lie to you about something I saw, especially something as important as this?" Karera said with a dead seriousness in her tone, causing Josefumi to frown. "Think about it, really honestly think about it. I know it's difficult to believe but trust me. I know what I saw."

Josefumi sighed, taking another sip of his tea. "No... I suppose you wouldn't," the pompadour-haired teen said, looking down at the carpeted floor of the living room. A part of the teen had always had a feeling that there was something more to Kira that she was letting on, but this? This was something else entirely.

This wasn't just a harmless secret. No... this blew a hole in everything he ever knew about his family. He was aware of the scandal that occurred with Joseph Joestar and the birth of Josuke Higashikata, his illegitimate son, in 2005. But now that begged the question... was this another bout of infidelity? If so, how far back did it go?

A scandalous thought plagued his mind. Did his father have an affair with another woman while his mom was pregnant with him? Or did this go further back? He didn't want to believe his father would do such a thing, but even so, if it wasn't his father, it would have to be someone further back in the Joestar bloodline that interacted with the Kira's.

"Someone in our family's history must have interacted with the Kira's in a more than friendly manner after the events of Morioh... or hell, maybe even earlier," Josefumi thought, folding his hands together in a thinking manner.

The revelation that Yoshihara was, in some way, distantly and or directly related to him only served to make things more complicated between the two. It also must've been the reason why he was drawn to her at Aldera. The Birthmark always had a way of joining Joestars together—it was how his great-great-great-grandfather Jotaro Kujo met Higashikata Josuke. And now, apparently, he and Kira Yoshihara.

"Do you know how you two might be related?" Karera asked, sitting back in the chair off to the left of the couch in their shared apartment as Josefumi shrugged, shaking his head.