Vol 9 - 8: The Training Camp From Hell - Part 6

[Beta Read by Doc43Souls]

[Training Camp From Hell – Part 6]

When Nedzu got the email from Aizawa that detailed to him that Tsuyu Asui, a student who had been showing some promise in her future as a hero, had died because of that Vampire, somehow, Nedzu was both furious and confused.

Furious because another student was caught in the crossfire between The Speedwagon Foundation and whoever was targeting them, and confused as to how that could've happened. The email explained how she had been planted with one of the Flesh Bud things that Sugimoto had described. But that didn't explain how that happened.

It took him a while to put the pieces together on how exactly Tsuyu Asui met her unfortunate fate, but eventually, he did. The only time that one of his students could've been able to be caught off guard and ambushed long enough for The Vampire to get its monstrous hands on them would be when the lockdown was lifted for Students for the rest of the day on July 26th, 2124.

The Vampire most likely knew that it only had one shot, and using that logic, it took advantage of the opportunity it was given, and in doing so, guaranteed that at least one more student from Class 1 – A would meet a rather tragic end. Whatever it was that Tsuyu was "ordered" to do had succeeded in causing chaos to spread throughout the training camp when she was "activated", so to speak. And seeing as she failed in whatever The Vampire wanted her to do, she was killed by The Flesh Bud as a result.

However, it should be noted that Kira Yoshihara and Aizawa both tried to stop The Flesh Bud from killing Tsuyu Asui. Aizawa had noted that when the two of them closed in on the creature, The Flesh Bud seemed to writhe and squirm faster than it had originally. Meaning that the creature was sentient enough to know that it was in danger, and sped up the process so that its sole purpose was completed before it perished in the process of silencing Tsuyu Asui.

The mammal hadn't expected to be given such aggravating information the moment he woke up. Especially after not sleeping for three days doing legal work for his ongoing lawsuit against the Ida family and the Idaten Agency for Slander and Defamation towards U.A. Something that, mind you, U.A. was being dragged for as the public saw it as a large school silencing a grieving family. To that, he scoffed. He was just doing what had to be done to protect his school from false rumours of neglect.

To some, his actions and his words might have been disturbing, almost villainous. But when you consider the fact that Nedzu was not a human, and didn't need to think like a human most of the time, his actions and mindset made sense. At his core, he was a Rat. Nothing more, and nothing less. He wasn't supposed to be what he was, and now he was forced into a position as a "hero" and as a principal lording over a bunch of young humans.

To that end, Nedzu tried to detach himself from his students so he didn't suffer any emotional damage should anything have happened to them—not that he had many emotions after all of those experiments. Besides, humans weren't worth losing any sleep over, nor were they worth shedding a tear about. At least, not to him.

At the same time, this was someone from his school. Someone the parents had trusted him to take care of, and had trusted him to make sure they were able to get through these next few years of their life relatively safe and sound—this was a hero course, after all, and some accidents were going to happen regardless of what either party wanted. But that was neither here nor there.

It hadn't even been a full semester since someone from U.A. had died. It had been maybe two months to a month ago, and that was if he was remembering correctly. He had a lot on his mind as of late, and even with a brain like his, there were times when he could forget even the simplest of things.