Chapter 1: the walking dead

Harry yawned tiredly, standing up and automatically putting his boots on (they all slept fully dressed) leaving his tent and over to Merle's concern churning in his gut when he noticed that Merle wasn't there. Had he gone hunting after going salvaging with the group yesterday? Or was the group just not back yet? Daryl wasn't there either, but he hadn't expected him to be, it was his turn to hunt. Merle was better at skinning preparing the food to be eaten, Harry and Daryl were the ones that preferred to hunt for it. Not that they ever got a thank you for it either, Muggles were so damn ignorant - aright some Muggles, since Daryl and Merle were alright as was Carol, who thanked them for the food and tried to do their laundry but he had said no, he didn't need someone to do it (he could magically clean them better anyway). The bad feeling had followed him all day yesterday, and it was twice as bad today. Shrugging his shoulders, determined to get answers from someone, Dale would be best to ask since he was the one that was mostly on watch duty. Sniffing in distain, he stank, it was time to put a different set of clothes on, he couldn't risk just cleaning himself magically and leaving them on - now that would draw attention to himself. Not that he was going to get into trouble for using magic, since the entire magical world and he meant the entire magical world, not just the one in Britain had gone to hell. Word had reached him that the schools had gone on completely lockdown, nobody in or out, in a bid to save them and it had worked, everyone in the schools were safe, the rest of the world though was probably gone, except those maybe in Hogsmeade with it being a purely magical town - hidden as well, although he wouldn't put his money on it. He would have tried to go back home, but as the letter said it let absolutely nobody in, which meant him too so there was no point to exhausting himself trying. 

Flipping open his six compartment trunk, which had three other shrunk trunks in it, which various different things he'd salvaged as the world was ravaged by some sort of zombie disease, and yes zombie, he had grown up in the Muggle world after all, they were also nothing like Inferi either anyway so there was no point to calling them that. Books, herbs, potions, tents, his potions supply kit, Medical supplies, Muggle medicine, Potions, clothes, shoes and more importantly an assortment of guns and an assortment of ammunition, as well as weapons and food and drink (under cooling and stasis charms, except the non-perishables, and quite a few other things. Shane had no idea about them though, the guy would only try and take them, like he had done with the gun he actually stored in his pants at all times beside his wands. He had come up to the quarry as if he owned the place and began telling everyone what to do, he of course hadn't listened nor did Daryl or Merle most of the time. He was a leader, not a follower, always had been, always would be. In fact he'd been raised that way, from the age of eleven to seventeen to be a leader, pushed, pulled and prodded in the direction until he had taken on the mantel without complaint. There was just something about Shane that made him wary, he'd watched him lead the people, and it seems to him that he truly didn't care for anyone, well except fucking Lori whenever he could and playing dad to her kid, playing on her desire to have a family presumably.

Shaking off his thoughts realizing he had spent too much time thinking, dangerous thing in these times, quickly undressing and putting clean khaki trousers on, just as he was, he heard something in the distance. He couldn't make out what, regardless he pulled on his white vest, anything more was far too hot. He wasn't used to this weather, hell it was almost like the weather was mocking them actually, with the sun shining so brightly while they were mostly miserable. Thankfully he had magic to help him, to keep him cool, to protect him from the suns rays, considering the state of the world he doubted the sun could do any real damage that he would live to see.

"Merle!" Harry heard Daryl call for his brother, huh, it looked as if his worry was for naught, and Daryl was obviously back which meant he had slept longer than he had in weeks. Sliding his wands into his right hand pocket at his thigh, safer than placing it in his upper pockets. He couldn't let anything happen to the wands or he was screwed magically speaking. Sure he could do some Wandless magic, but only some, so he would guard his wands with his life. Grabbing his gun from under his pillow he put that in his left hand pocket, and put his knife, which was on the small table he had conjured from a piece of wood in the forest behind them.