Chapter 60

How had it come to this? Thought Rick in shock as he watched his family, his people one by one walk over to the train car, hands raised in a universal gesture for surrender looking utterly defeated. One moment they'd been so hopeful, they'd at long last found somewhere they could live and at least be moderately happy not just survive on the run then it had all gone so very wrong. He had thought it was some sort of sick joke when they were first asked if they'd take to a cannibalistic lifestyle until the gunfire started. The assortment of weapons was lying on the floor, their knives, two guns, and a crowbar. He didn't understand why were they doing this? He thought as the voice told him that he was to go in next. With no other choice, Rick walked on shaky legs into the train car labelled 'D' his stomach churning, how was he going to get out of this situation intact? As soon as the door slammed shut he was over there and trying to open it he was unsuccessful.

Slamming his fist against he door in frustrated anger, only when he turned back around did he realize that his group weren't the only people in the car. There was a couple huddled in the corner shaking in fear, they didn't even react to the fact they had been shoved in alongside them. The man had his arms wrapped around the girl, he was extremely thin, shocking head of blonde hair, that was in complete disarray and he looked to be in his mid-to early twenties. The girl had long brown hair, same age as the guy, they'd probably came to Terminus together looking for sanctuary and had the same reaction to them about the question Gareth raised. He noticed the girls leg was improperly set, and she had a tattoo on her lower leg, she had an almost hippy look about her. Who wore a skirt in these days? Too much skin with the danger of being scratched or bitten easily. She did have a pair of sturdy boots so she was completely clueless.

Lori stood in the corner with her son wrapped in her arms, utterly terrified not able to see a way out of this. How long were they going to be kept in here? What about her baby? What if she went into labour and gave birth here? And Carl, her son, her wild eyes looked around as if hoping for a miraculous hidden exit to appear.

"What are we going to do?" T-Dog said asking the question that was on everyone's mind.

"We fight back, overwhelm them, grab the guns and get the hell out of here," Rick said determinedly, "They don't know who the hell they're fucking with."

"Fight back with what?" Amy squeaked out, hugging her father in fear.

"Everything, anything," Rick said, but it was Maggie who got them moving, as she began to tear into the car, bit by bit prying wood to make a wooden stake to fight back with. Rick removed his belt, wrapping it around his fist, keeping the belt buckle at front, pumping his fist in the air a few times before nodding grimly. It seemed to get most people's attention as they too tried to find something, anything to use to help the group, to help themselves.

Even Carl left his mothers side to help them in their latest mission, the only two people not doing anything was Beth and Lori, and of course the two people in the corner that remained mostly catatonic.

"Can you hear me?" Hershel asked the, worry clear in his blue eyes - that's if anyone had been able to see them surrounded in the dark as they were. He was useless here, he couldn't fight, he was an old man, the best he could do was see if he could somehow snap those two our of their state and get them to aid them all in the fight, the more people they had the better their changes of survival. As long as Bethy, Jimmy and Maggie got out of there alive that was all he cared about. He loved his daughters, loved them more than his own life. He was still reeling over his own emotions, one minute he had just begun to relax and feel safe when 'bang' it was the exact opposite. "Hello?" he crouched down, slowly checking the woman's pulse. It was erratic, which didn't surprise him, they were all probably like that.