Chapter 31

Harry jerked awake, blinking sleepily as he blearily looked around, sighing softly as he stretched languidly, sitting up he rubbed his eyes glad he had taken the time to correct his sight before all this crap went down. The amount of running he'd done, he would have lost his glasses for sure, just like he had done in the past. He could hear shuffling around as if whoever it was - was trying to keep quiet out of respect for the others. Harry glanced down at his clock, five thirty; they would need to get on the move again pretty soon. He'd reluctantly taken half the pain reliever Luna had given him at two o'clock this morning after he'd been forced to go get some sleep instead of keeping watch - which he would have done all night and Luna knew that hence why she'd gotten up to make sure Harry at least got some sleep. He'd been too exhausted to argue with her and had gone to get some sleep; the potion had helped ensure that. So now he was pain free, refreshed and ready for whatever the day threw at him. He absently took a candle and lit it, where he was going; there was no light to be had without electricity - something they didn't have.

"Are you alright?" Harry called to Luna keeping his tone quiet as he called up the stairs to the stair window where Luna was keeping watch.

"Yeah, I'm fine, everything's been quiet, two walkers were nearby but they just passed us by." Luna explained, "We might run into them during the ride to the prison," just to be on the safe side she'd rather say something than lose someone due to negligence.

"You might as well head to the living room now, we'll be gone in half an hour," Harry called to her before absently giving her a wave before making his way to the basement to see if there was anything else they could take with them. The water was a good find, Harry gazed around, there were bins, cardboard boxes, shelves with a magnitude of different every day items, paint, brushes, items for every day use for kids, balls, basketballs, even swimming gear and the like.

Turning around he noticed food and other items nearer the door on home made wooden shelves that looked ready to tumble but probably stronger than they looked, toilet roll by the bundles, canned goods, all in large quantities in cardboard crates he would say fifteen in a crate. Including lady products, shavers, shaving foam, boxes of pads and tampons at the end of the shelf was a large selection of coupons for various items in a binder. It seemed impossible that they'd found the water and remained oblivious to all else...they weren't observant enough he would need to kick that up a notch. Make them see that they had to keep their eyes open or the consequences would be severe.

He honestly didn't want to have to haul it all up to the truck, so without further thinking he snagged the coupons off, returned his trunk to its normal size, before moving a little towards the door listening to see if anyone was nearby. Staying where he was, he whispered under his breath, shrinking the entire shelf and their contents down, before flicking it into his trunk, he would make up any excuses needed at a later time.

Honestly the thought of all this sneaking around and explaining himself, almost made him want to reveal his secrets, almost. There was no guarantee they would react well to his news, he still couldn't quite fathom why the Dixons didn't seem to even bat an eyelash at everything. Hell Daryl constantly asked questions when he saw him using magic to understand it more. He'd never had anyone in his life that wanted to understand his magic before; the Dursley's just made him feel abnormal all his life. Then there was the fact that Carol was a Christian. She believed in a man who could walk on water and turn water into wine yet thought witches should be burnt at the stake...as if anyone normal could turn water into wine! She hadn't thought it particularly but Harry knew what was in the bible, he couldn't risk her trying to leave with Sophia on her own, or the others, they weren't prepared for this world yet, but did that mean he would when the time came? He honestly couldn't say.