Chapter 17

Harry groaned when he returned to consciousness, he felt as though he had just literally fallen asleep. Flinging his arm over his eyes, he sighed softly, he really missed being able to sleep a full night. He didn't know if it was his magic being constantly aware that caused his insomnia or if it was paranoia of the constant threat of walkers that prevented him sleeping. He didn't trust anyone on watch unless it was Daryl or Merle and maybe Rick but there was more chance of Rick using a gun than Daryl and Merle so push came to shove it would be those two. Rubbing his eyes, he slowly sat up, stretching himself out, his back cracking in satisfaction having been in that cramped position for a good few hours. He was still dressed in the clothes he'd been wearing before all this shit went down, so he smelt bloody awful, sliding off his makeshift bed, he put his trunk to the other side of the tent and returned it to its correct size. Noticing a blue glow indicating that the book he was using with Hermione had been written in. She probably got the information from the scientist, Edwin Jenner and wanted to tell him what he already knew.

He would reply after he got dressed, the stench coming off him was unbelievably bad. Glancing to make sure the tent was still zipped, he nodded to himself before he quickly got undressed, even his underwear stank something foul. Once he was undressed he used his magic to clean himself up, shivering as his magic brushed over him. He grabbed some clean clothes, underwear, a pair of black cargo pants, and a white vest. Brushed and put his hair back up so it was out of the way, one walker had gotten too close and actually yanked his hair, since then he always put it up after lengthening it just enough so that it could go into a ponytail. Shoving his soiled clothes outside the tent, only after getting all his stuff from the pockets, they definitely needed to be washed he doubted the cleaning spell would work well.

Staring at his guns in the belted holsters, he flung them into the trunk, he wasn't fussed either way. Guns could get you killed; you were better off using a knife of some kind, sword or dagger. Then he remembered they were going training, grumbling he grabbed it back out and tied it around his stomach before changing compartments to find a knife and gun for Sophia to use as well as Carol. After a few moments contemplating the messily but immensely packed trunk, he pulled out one knife and two guns, as far as he was aware Carol should still have the knife he gave her at the quarry unless she'd dropped it during the chaos? It was possible, so he picked up an additional one just to be on the safe side. Putting them aside on his bed, he sighed softly before changing compartments once again; grabbing the book he and Hermione had been using to communicate.

'I received the email from Doctor Jenner, Harry we need to talk'

'Harry something happened, one of the wards at Hogwarts was weakened, one of us had to go out and fix it - the wards would and shut right down stopping them getting back in - Harry it was Luna that went, I'm so sorry. She's making her way towards you, she needs your coordinates.'

'HARRY PLEASE REPLY!'

'Merlin, Harry please be okay!'

"FUCK! Stupid, stupid, stupid idiot, if anything happens to you I'll bloody kill you!" Harry hissed at the book as he read the words written there, his heart pounding in fear and worry. She was supposed to be safe! They were all supposed to be safe! How could they have let her leave? Harry groaned in despair, unable to believe this was happening.

Hearing sounds at the tent he whirled around to see Daryl standing at the flap knife in hand looking worried. "You alrigh'?"

"No," Harry hissed, slamming the book closed, he shrunk his trunk dived for his bag and got everything prepared. "I need to leave." he wasn't leaving Luna out there on her own, it had been three days by the date Hermione put down. Three days she'd been out there on her own. "Point me Luna Lovegood," Harry said the words, waiting in horrified silence, Harry could have laughed in relief when he felt the wand twitching in the direction she was in. She was alive, at least for now, he had no idea what her condition was like.