Chapter 83

Harry stalked into the doctors surgery, passed the waiting room which was filled with dozens of empty chairs that used to be filled with sick and injured people on base on a daily basis, worse before the 'virus' became something to really panic about and not just another 'pandemic' that could be cured eventually with an antidote. Now within these walls, you were lucky to see one or two people waiting each fortnight. Hershel had an office here, where he dedicated an hour while he slogged through all the paperwork related to the animals in his care to anyone who wished to see him for anything. Using his time wisely, but ensuring he was there for anyone who needed him. Harry had plans on having Bob help out, perhaps even teach Hershel a few things about the medical side of things, human anyway. Not that he'd need much training so to speak, it was more difficult to become a vet than it was a doctor.

"Hershel informs me you're good to go, now you can stay and have another meal before you leave, or you can just head out, the decision is yours," Harry informed them, as he swiftly removed the cuffs keeping them situated on the bed. The relief shining through their eyes made Harry feel a little guilty, but he wasn't about to apologize for keeping his people safe - not with the way the world was right now - and he doubted very much they were expecting one. They would have done the same thing if they had any sense, but because it happened to them they were probably feeling a little resentful.

Eugene looked terrified, quite frankly it was absurd just how afraid he was, he was a grown man for Merlin's sake. "Go on," he urged them by gesturing for them to get out of the room with a jerk of his head. Once they were on the move, Harry too began moving and continuing to explain, "I have packed a bag for each of you, with enough supplies to last a few days until you can stop for more. Food, a weapon, feminine hygiene supplies, a change of clothes and of course some painkillers and ibuprofen but I'd suggest only using them when and if the pain gets too bad."

"Thank you," Rosita whispered in genuine gratitude, it had been such a long time since she'd managed to get the sanitary towels from the last shop they'd raided. You would think there would be more available, it wasn't as if it was high up on the list of items you grabbed during an end of the world scenario, and that was coming from her, a woman. Her first thing was family, food, water, clothes, cooking and kitchen supplies, heartbreakingly she'd been the last one standing when she came across Abraham and the others.

"You're welcome," Harry commented, Luna who was in the front opened the door and everyone wandered out of the building and straight onto the street. "Of course, when you're ready to leave let me know, I'll show you where we keep our cars and you can take your pick unless it has already been claimed by one of our own."

Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene looked around in immense surprise, the smell was mouth-wateringly good, they could smell hamburgers, sausages, and hotdogs cooking as well as onions if they weren't mistaken. How were they able to eat so well? They never found much in the way of supplies that could let them eat this well, and there was only a few of them compared to the number of people they could see before them. They had the supplies to give it away to them? including weapons and a car? How long had they been here?

"Don't try anything, if you want to leave right now just say, then you can leave with your dignity, supplies and a motor to use," Merle warned them. Implying if they did try anything they'd leave with nothing and quite possibly a dozen bruises and sores added to the load they already had from the car crash. Not that he was worried about them being able to take on everyone, but he knew how vicious people could be when cornered. With wizards and witches all over the place, the chance of any success was laughable. Merle wasn't about to take the chance, next to him Daryl was nodding in agreement.

Abraham gave them an incredulous look, try anything? Against someone who had powers? That had faced a dragon - a bloody dragon!- and came away unharmed? He wasn't completely nuts thank you very much, he had warned the others as well, they had the ability to manipulate water and that was all he had seen who knows what else? The other elements? Fire, earth, and air? Like some sort of elemental, he'd seen on the TV once, watching it with his kids.