Chapter 62

The ride back to the prison ended up taking over six hours, not that anyone that wasn't Merle, Luna, Rick or Daryl would know, since they were the only ones who remained awake during the tense drive. The truck was stopped more than it was going, the pile-ups were just utterly ridiculous and Merle had used every swear word he knew during that time which was quite a lot. Even those used to Merle's ways would have blushed furiously. Luna however, did get a great deal of amusement out of them, and often made a mental note to herself to remember them. Light was beginning to surround them and on the horizon as they drove into their sanctuary, another night in the outbreak had passed.

"Where is here? Why did you drive so long to get somewhere to sleep?" Rick demanded to know, as everyone stretched out a little, not capable of much more in close cramped quarters, not that anyone complained. It was the first full night of sleep they'd had in a long time. Their bellies certainly complained though, they'd had nothing but tin of spaghetti and beans shared between them yesterday. Hell, some days they went without any food whatsoever.

"Just think about it for a few minutes, I'm sure you're smart enough to work it out on your own," Harry said sarcastically, the fact his voice had that 'just awake' quality to it didn't change a thing. "Ah, there we go," he said, hearing Anubis and Hela barking, "Looks like you weren't the only one that didn't get any sleep." he commented to Daryl, as Merle threw back the flap and unlatched the back making it easier to get out.

"Thank god you're back!" Harry heard Andrea said, concern lacing her voice. "Is everyone alright?" she added with a great deal of hesitance in her voice. She was too far away, probably talking to Luna.

"We're all back, that's the main thing," Luna said, reassuring the woman gently.

"Who got hurt?" Andrea asked, her tone sharpening, understanding the meaning behind Luna's words.

"Harry, but he'll be fine," Luna said a little grudgingly, she just wanted to get them inside, get Harry tended to before the potion wore off completely. He'd been running on adrenaline after it happened, which would have prevented him from feeling much of the pain, then the potion, if the pain came back full force he'd be in agony. Harry had already been hurt enough to last him six lifetimes.

"An army truck? Where did you go?" Big Tiny asked quite shocked, as he rejoined them having just locked and secured the prison. He shared a look of relief with Andrea that was sweeping through all of them at the safe return of their remaining numbers. Or so he thought, until he noticed something. "What the...." he trailed off, watching people get down out of the truck, a lot of people the most that had joined the group in one time - usually it was small groups.

"Oh my god," Andrea said in surprise.

"You know them?" Big Tiny asked, relaxing marginally, a few had guns in their hands which had made him quite leery of them, especially seeing as he had nothing but a knife on him. If Harry had been able he would have scolded them for their lack of care in making sure they had adequate protection on them at all times.

"It's Rick and the others, I didn't think we'd ever see them again," Andrea admitted making her way to the back of the truck in a few short steps.

To the surprise of everyone in the other group, Andrea completely bypassed them without saying a word, she had only eyes for Harry and they were filled with worry and fear. "We need to get him inside so Merle can patch him up," she said, next to Harry, Merle was the only other 'healer' in the group although Daryl could do it decent enough.

"Oh no, you aren't carrying me again," Harry said when both Dixons advanced on him, only to be utterly ignored, for such rough men they were gentle in easing him out of the damn truck. "I'm beginning to think you both like carrying me around like a sack of potatoes!" he was just glad the first time they had he'd been unconscious! Admittedly it was a long, long time ago, two months before the outbreak had gotten bad enough that they'd had to bolt from the cabin. "It isn't funny, Luna!" Harry hissed out in protest as she laughed at him from behind her hand. He rolled his eyes and gave in when even Andrea joined in and Big Tiny guffawed as he hovering over the Dixons and Harry just in case any help was needed.