Chapter 57

Harry made his way to the hospital wing, knowing that the woman would soon wake up, the beauty of spells was that they were extremely accurate, true to his thoughts she hadn't woken up during the night or in the morning. The girls had taken turns staying up last night to keep her company, to make sure she didn't wake up bound, injured and alone. He had just showered after tutoring everyone, including Patrick, since nothing they'd said had gotten through he had personally found the boy and brought him outside and began to teach him himself. Going at a faster rate than Carol would teach them, but Harry didn't care at this point the boy was seriously getting on his nerves, unsurprisingly Patrick had failed each and every time, getting it through to his thick skull that he was sorely lacking and wouldn't survive in this world, then forcing him to watch as Sophia could keep up with him and sometimes even beat him. A girl younger than him had the ability to hold her own, yes it had irked Patrick and made him feel inadequate just as Harry wanted, and he'd go to any means necessary to ensure that the boy took up a knife and began training. He would see what happened tomorrow and whether Patrick would man up or not. Although he could clearly see that his words the day he'd mentioned his own life had affected Patrick, he wasn't as reluctant anymore.

"Hey, has she woken up at all?" Harry asked Carol as he entered the room, feigning ignorance on that subject despite knowing she hadn't, he had spells on her that would inform him immediately upon her return to consciousness.

"No, she's still asleep," Carol informed Harry, as she placed the book in her lap, slotting in a piece of paper she had evidently been using as a bookmarker. She glanced at the woman again deeply concerned, wondering if there was something wrong - surely she should have woken up before this?

"I suspect she'll be up soon," Harry commented, seeing her turning to look at him curiously, twinkling green eyes gestured towards the woman, showing that she was moving restlessly before settling again. "Could you bring up some food for her?" she'd need to eat something before or just after taking the pills.

"Of course," Carol said standing up immediately, placing the book on the table.

"Knock first," Harry murmured quietly as she passed, Harry took the chair Carol had just vacated and moved it back and sat down, so that he wasn't in her face when she first woke up. The spell had already alerted him to the fact she was coming around, so it was just a waiting game to see how long it took her to fully waken. Watching her with hawk eyes, observing each of her moves, he knew the second her eyes would open and he was proven correct. The panic and fear in them was to be expected as well as she sat up with a grimace of pain crossing her features. The next second she was fanatically tugging at the cuffs trying in a futile effort to remove them.

"Easy," Harry said, causing her to zone in on him, her brown eyes filled with suspicion, recognition and fear. "Your wrists are infected as it is, tugging on the cuffs will just make it more painful. There's water and pills on the table, the painkillers and ibuprofen will help you, someone is bringing you up something to eat, once we've made a few things clear I will remove the handcuffs, in which direction you head will be up to you." he informed her, catching her compete attention, "You aren't a prisoner here, if you wish to leave then you can, we'll make you up a pack and give you back your sword and let you on your way." making it abundantly clear that she wasn't going to be a prisoner or forced to remain. The recognition the woman exhibited made him curious and doubly cautious. He couldn't remember having seen her before; perhaps she had seen him while he was scavenging? He could sense that she definitely wanted to leave as soon as she could, part of him didn't blame her, part of him wanted to make sure she actually wanted to stay - it was obviously extremely dangerous out there, and going from what Luna said she could take care of herself somewhat, but against a large group? He couldn't save everyone and if she was determined then so be it.