Chapter 80

Groaning softly, Harry blinked a few times, until he could see properly, absently rubbing the sleep from his eyes. A smirk slowly appearing across his face as he remembered last night. It seems like extreme emotions brought out the possessive side of Daryl, the prison after his near death and him paying any attention to someone else evidently did it too. Shaking his head ruefully, he lifted Daryl's arm off his chest and slid out of bed. The wards hadn't gone off; the old man had lasted the night - longer than he'd thought that's for sure. Stretching out with a contented groan, he'd slept better last night than he had in ages. It was still quite early, he couldn't hear the chickens next door, he was surprised he hadn't woken Daryl up; he was a very light sleeper, much like himself.

As he made his way to the bathroom, he couldn't help but wince, walking was going to be problematic today, he had to be on top form, and he'd need to take a muscle relaxant, even a small gulp just to get him through the day. He didn't like taking potions unless he had to, but he was clearing out the magical district of walkers, he wasn't going to be taken down because he was being a stubborn idiot. Maybe the shower would loosen his muscles and get rid of the aches as pleasant as some of them were he thought with smugness as he reached out and put the shower on, stepping in immediately, with the runes working at full capacity, they never had to worry about it being cold even for a second - unless it was the cold water you wanted of course.

Once he finished his morning routine, he made his way to the bedroom and got dressed, opening the trunk and finding himself a muscle relaxant and taking a gulp before replacing it. Now that it had been opened, he would have a limited time to use it. The last of the aches that had remained after the shower faded away. He closed the lid slowly so not to disturb Daryl and exited the bedroom.

Deciding to get an early start, or catch up on things he should have done last night, he left the house, only to be surprised to see Glenn pacing back and forth looking decidedly nervous. So nervous that he hadn't even noticed that he had company. "Everything alright, Glenn?" Harry asked, smothering his amusement at the way the guy jumped as if he'd been drenched in cold water.

"What? I'm fine," he protested immediately, "I er...that is to say...I..." he nervously murmured, removing his hat to rub his forehead and fiddle with the hat another sign of nerves.

"Do you need to see a doctor that isn't Hershel?" Harry asked genuinely concerned that something was wrong.

Glenn swallowed shaking his head, his nerves receding just a bit seeing how concerned Harry was; it made him feel silly for making a big deal about it. "Iwanttogetaringformaggie!"

"Excuse me?" Harry said blankly, unable to decipher what he had said at all.

"I want to get a ring for Maggie," Glenn said slowly.

"Ah, walk with me," Harry replied, a small smile dancing across his face, the naivety of people still surprised him, the world had ended and he was nervous about telling him that he wants to get a ring for her. "I don't have my trunk with me, see me after breakfast and I'll let you choose whatever you want." judging by the look on his face it wasn't what he expected.

"You have rings in your trunk?" he blurted out in surprise, stopping walking for a few seconds before catching up with Harry.

Harry laughed, "I had a habit of clearing out absolutely everything, Glenn, yes, even jewellery; remember where you all got stuck? The department store? I even cleared that out before getting Merle and Daryl back to the Quarry, it doesn't take long," Harry informed him, "We need gemstones for the runes, so where do you think they came from?"

Glenn closed his eyes, shaking his head for not thinking about that at all. "I didn't think..."

"No, you wouldn't have, you didn't know about my magic back then or what I was doing when nobody was around." Harry said, patting him on the back. "As long as you know her ring size, it will be fine,"