Chapter 33

Andrea and Amy crept slowly and carefully past Harry's little sleeping nook, which was always right next to the living room window. No matter what house he was in, they'd thought it was because of the couch being there in the last place, but he was in the exact same place today again. It didn't seem like a safe place to lie if they were honest with themselves, if a walker pressed itself against the window it would be on top of Harry within seconds. It probably explained why Daryl was in the corner his crossbow ready for any trouble. They wandered into the kitchen, which was completely bare except the stuff they'd brought in from the van.

The back door was open, Anubis and Sophia were outside, Carol was half cooking half keeping an eye on her daughter despite the fact Dale was also keeping an eye out from the foldable chair just at the bottom of the steps.

"Do you regret coming?" Andrea asked Dale, staring at the elder of the group; she knew he had only come because of them, her and Amy. Giving a grateful smile for the coffee she was passed over, Dale already had one. "Thank you, Carol," she added, she hadn't had coffee in a while, she was sure Jacqui would have loved it.

"You know I don't," Dale gave her that look; he liked to give so often. Harry's leaderships couldn't be called into question, he did what was in the best of the group whether he or anyone else approved or not. He also made sure things were calm, let them know what he was planning and such; they were never walking blindly into a situation. Even he grudgingly admitted that having a purpose, heading somewhere made him feel a lot better than just driving the RV wherever he was guided too. Shane and Rick had tried their best, and he believed Rick could do well enough to guide the group. He just refused to leave Andrea and Amy; they were like daughters to him. Only time would tell whether he had done the right thing.

"I'm glad," Andrea said she would have hated herself for forcing this on Dale. It wasn't a secret that he wasn't on good terms with Harry before all this happened. He'd wanted to save Randall, a man who had raped children, she still didn't understand why he was so desperate...well that wasn't true, and he felt if they started killing people to survive they'd lose their humanity. Harry was right though; people had already lost their humanity and were doing whatever the hell they wanted now. If they wanted to survive they were going to have to do whatever it took.

"It doesn't mean I don't hope the others are alright," Dale added, a frown marring his forehead, especially with Lori pregnant.

"They will be, you heard Rick, they'll find somewhere," Amy said, it was his wife that was pregnant so he would be determined to find somewhere.

"To be honest, I'm glad the group split," Andrea sighed, the coffee absolutely hit the spot. "There was far too much tension, these past few days despite the hard work, it's been really calm, it hasn't been like that for a long time," the first few days they'd come to the quarry and settled had probably been the easiest, nobody had known each other, there was plenty food and water. Then after that they had to deal with Lori telling them what to do, delegating tasks out of the blue while she didn't do much herself.

Despite themselves they couldn't help but reluctantly agree for various different reasons.

"It happens when there are so many different personalities in one group," Harry stated, causing them all to jump in fright at his sudden appearance causing him to smirk wryly. "The catalyst in the entire thing going to hell was Rick arriving, although I am curious about one thing, while Shane admittedly wasn't the best leader, why did you all glue yourself to Rick? I have my own reasons for trusting Rick more than Shane but I do wonder about yours." moving around everyone and into the back garden, his green eyes taking in everything surrounding him.

"That's easy, he would have left my sister to the walkers, he didn't even attempt to help," Amy replied immediately.

"It's to my understanding that nobody knew where Glenn and the others had gone," Harry sat himself on the grass his gaze pensive. "Having everyone rushing to Atlanta would have been suicide."