Chapter 38

Andrea, Harry, Daryl, Merle and Luna made a quick walk to the guard's office and its surroundings. Harry knew he had to keep Andrea at least feeling useful otherwise she would end up making an enormous mistake, mostly out of feeling useless and irritated by feeling as everyone was protecting her at the expense (potential expense) of their own lives. Harry knew how it felt, so decided to let her come at least just to the guard's office so they could get every nook and cranny checked quicker. Surprisingly Daryl hadn't decided to take off on a hunt yet, but Harry suspected he wouldn't until things had settled down; he probably didn't like the thought of going out there and something happening while he could have prevented it - at least Harry assumed so. He didn't claim to know the Dixons thoroughly, just well enough that he would trust them at his back. He knew the group questioned his sanity, his decision to stick with them, but he wouldn't be surprised if this group, his group, were beginning to understand.

"What are we looking for again?" Andrea asked as she stepped into the office.

"Any kind of map," Harry stated, and with that everyone took a corner of the room and began to search in hopes of finding what Harry wanted.

"These are prison records," Luna said, as she flipped through them in the metal cabinet.

"Definitely no need for them," Harry said wryly, as he searched through the desk drawers. Not that there was much, deodorant, a key for something, chewing gum, half eaten chocolate bar, pictures of someone's wedding day, one of the guards maybe? Someone's records on top of the desk, a flask that smelt disgusting with mould growing around the lip of it. "I'll be taking that," he muttered to himself, making sure the safety was on the gun before putting it at the back of his pants. Constant vigilance, he didn't want to put a bullet in his backside. Harry grimaced, Moody, he wondered what the old fart would have thought of all this, probably would have been at his best surrounded by all this chaos, he'd been a man of action, an Auror after all.

"This is detailed list of each prisoner in the cell blocks," Daryl said, after reading through it, giving it to Harry, it wasn't much use but it was something at the very least.

"An inspection," Harry said, reading the words, "Well that was a waste of time."

Daryl snorted at Harry's words finding amusement in them.

"These are just prison records too," Andrea commented after going through each drawer to be thorough.

"I guess we make one as we go along then if we don't get lucky," Harry replied, he would have felt better with one but it wasn't the end of the world. "Let's check the other rooms and get going I don't want to waste too much time looking."

With that they wandered into different rooms, the rooms weren't gated up, or barred in any way, but they still had metal mesh guards on the windows they observed.

Harry's looked to be some sort of computer room with dozens of machines he didn't want to investigate. He suspected though it was perhaps the open and close for the gates and probably a dozen other things too. He found extremely long white paper that would be perfect to draw any sort of map on. Snatching it up, he began to roll it until it was completely rolled around his hand. Just then he heard smashing, jumping he ran in the direction of the sound, skidding to a halt in the room, to find Merle had smashed the emergency glass and picked out the axe looking proud of himself.

"Going to start going around with the axe Merle?" Harry asked dryly, but Merle just pointed to the wall where another panel of glass was smashed. Blinking Harry wandered over before a smirk bloomed over his face, it was a map of the prison, no wonder he felt so smug. "Alright, I'll let you off this time," Harry admitted causing Merle to give off a big bark of laughter.