Chapter 25

The night after Randall was dealt with was a good night, although nobody would admit it, they slept easier knowing that he couldn't possibly get free and hurt them. They also knew that it had been Harry who dealt the blow that ended the rapist. That Rick hadn't been able to man up and do what needed done. Dale hadn't spoken to anyone since the whole thing went down, an old man sulking was a sight to see, and Harry found it hilarious despite himself. Andrea and Amy had spent some time talking to him after dinner, but whether it had worked or not was anyone's guess. They might have slept easier, but not longer, at the crack of dawn they were up, doing what they had been for the last few days, trying to secure the barn and the house now. They were boarding up the windows, putting enough food and water into the basement, actually living inside the house now, all the tents and everything were packed up.

Harry was surprised that he hadn't become the scapegoat within the group, he'd half expected everyone to suddenly have a crisis of conscious over what had happened and deny they'd ever agreed to it and blame it on him. It was what always happened back in the magical world, he was always the bad one no matter how hard he tried to prove himself. He was long past that stage in his life of course, but it was his expectations. There was only one difference, he didn't need to stay and endure it if it had happened. Unlike the majority of the people in camp Harry wasn't afraid to go it alone. Not that he would.

Putting the nail into position, Harry hammered the last piece of wood into its position; the window was completely covered bar a single line so whoever was on 'duty' could look outside and see what was outside. Personally Harry thought it was a gigantic waste of time, but so far it had been rather quiet with only a few walkers here and there to deal with. It screamed 'calm before the storm' to him, but he wasn't wasting his breath by saying anything more. He had been reading the book Luna gave him on warding and he wished he had taken Ancient Runes, since most wards were based on Runes. Thankfully having Hermione as a best friend meant he wasn't completely obvious to the subject. She had spoken about it often enough that he got the basics, with a little tutoring from Luna he would be well on his way to being able to put up those wards that the walkers couldn't bypass. With his power levels they wouldn't need as maintained, replenished from time to time maybe but not constantly maintained. Unfortunately that meant telling the group about his magic...and that was something he really, really didn't want to do - which left him with a problem.

Anubis barking aggressively caused Harry to look around; he'd never heard him bark like that before. What he saw made him see red, Shane had Luna by the arm and was shaking her, his voice too low to hear anything that was being said - even if he had been near enough he doubted he would have heard. Dropping the hammer he ran towards them, only when he was near enough did he take a swing at Shane, punching him in the jaw with all his strength and he had a lot of strength hidden in his lithe frame. Shane let go of Luna and Harry ducked the oncoming punch and then the other, before jabbing him in the side, then another to the back. He couldn't hear anything other than the beating of his own heart.

Shane lurched at him, knocking them both to the ground, winding Harry but he'd been hit with bludgers he could damn well take care of himself. Shane then tried to get on top of him only for Harry to kick out at him, once in the chest then again in the face, giving him time to get up. Shane roared as he got to his feet, once again trying to barrel into Harry, but Harry jumped to the side causing him to miss, only for Shane to catch him in the stomach, and grab his hair, ready to punch him in the face, but Harry thrust his palm out re-breaking the cops nose, before jabbing him in the ribs three times until Shane let his hair go.

Carol immediately sought her daughter out, keeping her away from the brawl that was currently happening. The rest of the women joined her watching the fight but never interfering. T-Dog, Glenn and Rick were around the other side of the property and obviously wouldn't have heard the commotion. Merle and Daryl (who was on watch duty) didn't interfere either.