Chapter 77

The three newcomers were placed on the hospital beds that Glenn and Maggie had brought from the hospital along with the usual medical supplies they used from time to time. Sutures (Permanent and dissolvable), dressing, bandages, scissors and medic kits for stitching people up and scalpels and such. Then of course, vials of morphine, antibiotics and even saline solution, they'd thought of everything they could potentially need, but that didn't surprise him considering how prepared Maggie was back at the farm, Hershel had taught them what they'd need to know to survive.

Undoing the spells on his trunk, he removed three pairs of handcuffs and attached them to their hands and the bedrail. Then proceeded to check them over, making sure they had nothing on them that could help them remove the cuffs or hurt anyone. He couldn't take the chance with any of his people, no matter what, he couldn't risk them playing nice then doing untold damage. The items he removed were placed well out of their reach.

"What happened?" Hershel's voice brought Harry out of his inner thoughts, observing him placing a pair of gloves on his hand, ready to oversee his sudden new patients. His breath was erratic indicating that he had run a great deal to get here in a short amount of time.

"Sit down, you cannot run around like that at your age," Harry said concerned, his genuine emotions probably helped Hershel feel less indignant about his words. "I'm afraid I caused a bit of a car accident, it flipped over three times, they were all wearing their seatbelts, the damage looks minimal, but I know looks can be deceiving,"

"Without x-rays and scans we will have to be extremely careful, they may have internal damage," Hershel said, his breathing had calmed considerably, standing up he moved towards his closest patient, a female, bleeding forehead, she'd obviously hit the dashboard with quite considerable force.

"Actually I can do a diagnosis on them, that will tell you everything you need to know, better than any x-ray or scan can, but I'm not well read in medical words to know yet what's what, when I have free time I'm reading but lately it's not been much," Harry informed him calmly.

"What can I do, Doc?" T-Dog asked, ready to help however the veterinarian needed it.

"Butterfly stitches, antiseptic wipes, gauze, wound dressing," Hershel listed out everything he'd need for the visible sores he could see right now.

"I've got it," T-Dog said, making his way over to the cabinets, mentally reciting what Hershel had said so he remembered them.

"Here," Harry said, after the results of his diagnosis came out of his wand, much to Hershel's wide-eyed wonder. They became even wider in amazement upon reading the results. He'd never had a reason to do this before in the past, so it was a glimpse of the magic he had yet to experience.

Hershel read the results without a problem, nodding absently; it was exactly the kind of injuries one found when they were in a minor car accident. Bruised chest, whiplash, cuts, and scrapes from what he would guess as to the glass breaking. Lacerations to the head, damage to the knees, but nothing that would require surgery, they weren't broken and for that he was thankful.

"Nothing severe, just the normal injuries you'd find from someone in a minor car accident," Hershel explained to Harry, noticing that he had done the spell on all three of them, and the results were on the clipboards attached to the bed so he could peruse them whenever he had the time. Wiping the blood from the woman's forehead, despite the fact more just replaced it.

"Will you be able to handle it?" Harry asked once he was finished.

"Of course, go ahead, we'll be fine," Hershel insisted, gesturing towards T-Dog, he had all the help he needed at the moment. T-Dog had avoided him for days when he asked to see the wound, to make sure it was healing well, which it had been he had realized three days later, in fact for someone without medical training it had been very well done.