Chapter 29

A/N - I made a huge mistakes the last chapter regarding how long it would take the others to find the prison so please go back and re-read it so the next few chapters don't confuse you - it will only take them two days AT LEAST to get to the prison not weeks.

Chapter 29

They quickly found the gas station; there were large signs up 'no more gas' hanging on both pumps, the area looked deserted but Harry more than anyone else knew how deceptive appearances could be. "Dale go up top, it will give us a birds eye view, Andrea, Amy stick to the back of the RV, Carol stay at the front, whistle if you need us or see anything. Everyone sticks together, at least two people at all times, nobody goes off alone." with that Harry with a red gas metal container in his hand jogged over to the pump, Daryl close to his back as always, lodging the nozzle inside the canister, and pressed to see if anything would come out, unsurprisingly nothing did he hadn't expected anything to due to the signs. Pressing his magic through the hose, summoning the gas, watching as it did began to splutter into the canister, it wasn't a great deal but every little counted. The second one had more, enough to fill up half the canister. That would get one vehicle to where they wanted to go - at least he thought so.

"That's all we're getting out of them," Harry commented idly as he stood, his eyes zooming around the area for their missing members. Luna and Merle were not nearby, but he found them, Merle it looked as though he was opening cars to see what they had available in terms of gas while Luna searched the back of the cars for anything and everything.

"Can I help them?" Carol asked, her gray cardigan wrapped snugly around her frame, she looked bored, and she wanted to help them someway instead of just standing there.

"You don't have to ask, just let someone know where you are," Harry declared, giving her a firm nod. "By the looks of what Luna's putting side you might want to grab a few bags." he grinned wryly, shaking his head, "You should look for stuff for yourself, Sophia and the others too if you come across anything." there were over a dozen cars along the street, hopefully Merle would have luck with gas.

Carol gave a soft laugh before she went into the RV to get a few bags before wandering over to Luna and Merle content to help.

"Yo, there's a full tank here," Merle said with a proud smirk. As he put the hose into the tank and grimaced when the gas hit his mouth as he inhaled to get it coming out quickly stuffing the other end into the black canister he had grabbed.

Harry cursed when he saw a Walker; Merle's loud voice had obviously attracted it. He was just about to stealthy make his way towards it when an arrow went zooming past, catching the walker in the temple causing it to fall down. Un-holstering his knife he made his way over to the area, his body tense and alert, Daryl doing the same making his way for the walker to claim his arrow back. Another loudly made its appearance causing Harry to quickly yank his knife into its brain silencing it.

Another five appeared out of someone's back yard, breaking down the white picket fence as if it were nothing. "I wish I had my bow," Harry grumbled, making a mental note to keep it with him more often. He wasn't going to use guns not when there were enough people here to take care of them without using them. That and he couldn't expect the others to refrain from using their guns if he was going to whenever he wanted.

Daryl quickly took care of one, refilling his crossbow, while two made their way directly for Harry; another two broke off to the left, but not for long as Luna swiftly decapitated them in one smooth stroke of her sword. Harry kicked one away from him knocking it down as he stabbed the other one, before dealing with the one he'd knocked down which had just grabbed his ankle which was safe due to his boots. He regained his bearings to see Luna jabbing her sword into their eyes stilling the snarling heads.