Chapter 23

Harry wandered into the house, it was odd being inside of it, he'd only gone in like two or three times and for only a few moments which was same for this time. It wasn't his home and he didn't like to treat it like it was. That and the others trying to play house made him grit his teeth, they all thought this was it, they could stay here at the farm and live, that they wouldn't need to fight again. That Lori would have her child there, and they would have somewhere to hunker down for the winter.

"I contribute. I help keep this place safe." that was Andrea's voice; Harry thought to himself, Harry frowned at the words, why would she feel the need to defend herself? And the contributions she makes the group?

"The men can handle this on their own." now it made sense Harry thought, Lori, she believed it was a woman's job to do chores around the place and leave everything else to the men. Helped along by the fact that Shane and Rick had been the so called 'leaders' and constantly let her believe they'd always keep her safe. If anything and he meant anything happened to those men and she was suddenly out there on her own, she truly wouldn't last a day. She never picked up a gun and tried to learn to defend herself. He'd never met another woman like her, all the girls and women he'd ever seen were fierce protectors, would do absolutely anything to survive. "They don't need yours or Luna's help."

"I'm sorry. What would you have me do?" Andrea questioned Lori, sounding completely confused as to why Lori felt the need to say such things.

"Oh, there's plenty of work to go around." Lori said defiantly.

"Are you serious?" Andrea asked incredulously. "Everything falls apart; you're in our face over skipping laundry?"

"It puts a burden on the rest of us," Lori told her, "On me, and Carol, and Patricia and Maggie. And you...you don't care about anyone but yourself. You sit on that RV working on your tan with a shotgun in your lap."

"No, I am on watch against walkers! Keeping everyone safe, my sister safe." Andrea protested, "That is what matters, not fresh mint leaves in the lemonade."

"We are providing stability." Lori stated, "We are trying to create a life worth living."

"Are you kidding me?" Andrea said gaping at the woman, the only thing that ran through her head at that moment was that Harry was right.

"I went after Rick, I took down two walkers. Don't act like you're the only one..."

"After crashing Maggie's car. Ever apologise for that?" Andrea insisted.

"Crashing her...you're insane." Lori muttered exasperated.

"No, you are. And you're the one that's self-centred, the way you take it all for granted." Andrea told her.

"My husband is out there for the hundredth time. My son was shot. Don't you dare tell me I take this for granted." Lori snapped Andrea had hit a nerve there.

"You don't get it do you. Your husband comes back from the dead, your son too. And now you've got a baby on the way. The rest of us have pilled up our loses, me, Carol, Beth, but you just keep on keeping on." Andrea snapped in turn, all she had left was her sister, her parents were gone there was no way they would have survived.

"We have all suffered..." Lori tried to explain.

"Playing house, acting like the queen bee, laying down the rules for everybody but yourself. Your husband, your son, a baby... a boyfriend," Andrea stated, and with that she walked away.

Harry couldn't quite wipe the smirk off his face quick enough, so Andrea saw it as she passed. Harry dipped his head in respect, but he knew it wouldn't make a difference, Lori had had it too good all her life, and the apocalypse wouldn't change that not with someone always convincing her she was right. Shaking off his lingering thoughts he passed through the house, making his way to the barn and wandering inside, leaning against the wooden beam, his leg propped up as he crossed his arms and watched Daryl beat the shit out of the kid that Rick and Shane had brought back again.