Chapter 22

A week had gone by since Randall had been brought to the farm. Harry had made the decision to wait and see what happened - to give Rick a chance to prove himself a capable leader. Quite frankly Luna's words had him apprehensive about even attempting to leave, would the others truly try and follow him? He didn't want to be responsible for anyone, especially people who weren't equipped to deal with this world they were now living in. It didn't take a genius to know the brothers would come with him, Merle absolutely hated Rick and the others, and for good reason they'd left him to die on a roof. He was only staying because of him and Daryl he'd bet. Luna obviously would come with him as well. The thought of any of those people going with him and ending up dead...chilled him, he honestly never wanted to be responsible for them but Luna was right - he would never say no, and take away their own right to choose. He'd had too many decisions made for him to even consider going down that route.

"Do you have any sleeping draughts?" Luna asked Harry as she sat down on one of the chairs outside Harry's tent. She meant a sleeping draught not a Dreamless sleep draught, to take that potion would be extremely dangerous it kept you out of it, while a normal sleeping draught just helped you get to sleep. Considering how exhausted Harry was she knew it would work right away.

"Yeah, a few, why?" Harry asked Luna blankly, in the week she'd been here her sunburn had faded leaving her to actually turn a light brown colour, it was odd seeing her that way, Luna had always been extremely pale, even paler than him and that was saying something. It was also odd seeing her so serious, and dressed in so little, all the little things that made Luna who she was - was gone, the radish earrings, the cork necklace, she hadn't been wearing them when she got here either so he did wonder what happened to them.

"Take it and get some sleep." Luna demanded, her tone booking no arguing. She knew she had to be firm to get Harry to do anything; he would cave for her after an undetermined amount of arguing. She should have done it earlier, but she hadn't like an idiot. They'd all been on edge expecting more walkers, but it had been a week now and all was calm and quiet - for now.

"Are you insane? I'm not taking a sleeping draught," Harry hissed keeping his voice quiet so nobody overheard them.

"Do you want to get yourself killed because you're too tired to fight?" Luna pushed.

"I'll be fine," Harry said dismissively, "I'm getting sleep," waving her off half heartedly, not even having the strength for it.

"Not enough, I, Merle and Daryl are taking turns on watch tonight, so please, please get some sleep." Luna pleaded with Harry; she'd noticed that he actually tended to sleep longer when Daryl or Merle was on watch. "You said yourself it wasn't going to last here, I would rather you refreshed when it did happen and able to think straight."

"Stop throwing my own words back at me," Harry groused, he hated when that happened.

"If there's even a sign of trouble I'll come and wake you up," Luna promised, sensing Harry's inward struggle coming to an end.

"I didn't even agree," Harry complained he hated when other people were right.

"Harry, I've known you a long time," Luna said chuckling in amusement, "Now go, and get some sleep."

"Come on, Anubis," Harry whistled to get the dogs attention as he stood, it wasn't used to its new name yet but he was getting there. He'd decided against all and every wizarding names he had thought. Anubis was the god of the underworld in Egyptian mythology associated with mummification and the afterlife. Considering it was crawling with the people who had died he found it quite an apt name for the world they lived in.

Luna stepped up and hugged Harry tightly, knowing her best friend was going through something that was making him conflicted and worried. "We'll be fine, Harry, we'll get through this." she believed that with the whole of her being, whether they would survive though was another thing altogether. All they could do was try, but she honestly believed with Harry she wouldn't be steered wrong, he would make sure they actually survived this.