Chapter 76

"Harry, Mione wants you," Daryl told his partner, glad he wasn't interrupting his sleep to tell him since he had woken ten minutes ago and was just having a quick shower before they headed out for the day. They still didn't know where they were supposed to go, but Hermione looked as though she'd been up all night searching for answers.

"Two minutes," Harry called back, a smirk stole across Daryl's face when heard Harry cursing after a quiet 'thump'. Daryl leaned back against the wall, waiting on Harry, preferring that than waiting for him in the living room. He wasn't one for small talk and Hermione always talked non stop which made him uncomfortable especially since he barely knew her. He suspected she was just trying to get to know him but didn't know how.

When Harry came out the room he gave Daryl a knowing smirk, Hermione could be overwhelming when she wanted to be. Both of them fully dressed proceeded to the living room where Hermione waited patiently, reading a book while she waited intermittedly scribbling in a book or spare parchment.

"Hey, Mione," Harry said, gaining her attention.

"Harry!" Hermione said giving them a smile, "Right, I have the information for you," she said.

"Go ahead," Harry replied, sitting down giving her all his attention.

"The CDC reports to the US Department of Health and Human Services, its closest branch is located in Capitol Street Washington. The address is 899 North Capitol Street NE Washington DC." Hermione explained, reading from the information in front of her. "There might be information in the public records before it got bad, but the information will probably be on the terminals in HHS. Its right next door to Animal Disease Control Division but Harry from what I can see the area is quite open, your best bet is to go by the rooftop and find a way in."

"I'll see what I can do," Harry said thoughtfully scribbling the address down on his notebook, which he nearly always left lying on the table. He hated Apparating blindly, but he was doing it more and more often these days, he had little choice in the matter. "The only problem is the building will have absolutely zero power, I'll need to lug the computers back here...won't they have some sort of security on them?"

"More than likely, but most people keep their password nearby, so check the workstations, the government probably don't allow them to create their own passwords so they won't be easily remembered." Hermione explained, "It's a long shot, Harry, are you sure you want to do this?" her brown eyes filled with worry. There was another place where there could be information, the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) but she didn't say that, she couldn't deal with putting Harry in harms way against herds of walkers.

"Yes," Harry said without pause, his tone determined.

"Just be careful," Hermione said resignedly, knowing she wouldn't be able to talk Harry out of it. "I do have a bit of good news, Glenn will be happy."

"Oh?" Harry queried curiously.

"The Rhee family made it to the school, they were...quite overwhelmed that Glenn was still alive." Hermione said, remembering the conversation, they'd immediately burst out crying in relief and guilt that they had left him behind, or rather they felt that way anyway. "They're just waiting to hear back from me, I got off the mirror call with them five hours ago."

"I'll send him in after breakfast, which is already happening, so five minutes," Harry said, a small smile on his face, glad that not all families were torn apart in this apocalyptic world they had found themselves in.

"I'll let them know," Hermione replied, her hand covering her mouth as she suppressed a yawn.

"Once it's done, get some sleep, I mean it, you're no good to anyone exhausted." Harry commanded her.