Chapter 37

"Hey," Luna muttered, speaking to Carol who was awake and cooking breakfast for everyone. Hotdogs, sausage and beans. Unlocking the door, Luna placed the keys on the hook, noticing that the other set were missing. "Where's Harry?" her eyes had automatically looked up to Daryl Dixon but he was there, sleeping, you rarely found one without the other she was surprised, but nothing on her face showed that she was. She plonked herself down on the chair next to Carol.

"I'm not sure," Carol admitted, as he stirred the large pot of food. "I noticed the key's were gone when I got up half an hour ago, I assumed Harry was maybe out with Anubis?" since the dog was also missing she had made that assumption.

"He ain't outside," Merle declared, that much he was one hundred percent sure of, unless he had somehow managed to make himself invisible, given his magic it might not be that far out of the realm of possibility. Luna had fallen asleep while they were on so called 'duty', and Merle had let her rest, she was trying to be too much like Harry too quickly. She wanted to ease the burden of him leading he'd bet, but all she was doing was exhausting herself. Harry wasn't sleeping due to the fact he couldn't sleep, Luna on the other hand didn't have that particular problem. Hell from the moment the boy woke up in he and his brothers cabin after that little magical display, he'd get no more than four hours sleep, and that is if he's lucky. It wasn't much of a surprise, Merle was still convinced the boy was suffering from some sort of PTSD; he had seen many others in the army go through it, until he'd screwed up and got pissed off at his commanding officer and punched his teeth down his throat and getting himself booted. It was ironically really that he could respect Harry more than his Commanding Officer. Ain't nobody gonna treat him like shit, like he don't matter, especially not a self entitled prick like his CO.

"I'm going to go look for him, let him know breakfast will be ready soon," Luna said, standing back up after just sitting down. "I have a funny feeling he's already started on cleaning out the prison." sighing in resignation she shook her head - that was just Harry all over.

"Is that what Harry plans to do today?" Carol queried, plating up the first lot, handing it to Merle, receiving a grunt and nod from the man.

"Probably, but you'd need to ask him," Luna replied, "How's Sophia?"

"She slept just fine," Carol said giving the girl a grateful smile of gratitude.

"I'll be back soon," Luna commented, grabbing the keys she quickly found the right one and opened the gate, only to find Merle following her, his empty plate already on the floor. "Close the gate behind us." she added, waiting until they'd done it before she began moving, once out of sight and hearing of them, she muttered the locating charm, her wand twitched in the direction she'd walked in, so he was in the other cell block. At least she hoped that's where he was.

Turning the corner, she noticed him right away, "Hey, did you even get any sleep?" Luna asked him, leaning against the open gate. Watching Harry work his magic on the cell block Merle she noticed was concentrating on the wand movements and the words. She'd need to ask him about that some time. Anubis bound over, tail wagging as he demanded their attention, both Luna and Merle, excited to see them as if he hadn't seen them for years not just a few hours.

"Yeah, slept nearly five hours straight," Harry commented, "The beds leave a lot to be desired, first chance I get I'm going to a store to get a proper wooden bedspread and a mattress it can't be hard to find a way to remove those bunk beds unless they're dug into the cement."

"They ain't but it will take a lot of work to remove them," Merle informed him.

"I couldn't care less, it would be worth it," Harry replied wryly, his wand going lax in his hold, pointing downwards.