Chapter 40

"Can they be trusted? What if they try and take over everything we've built?" Carol insisted her eyes filled with worry and fear that their little safe heaven could come crumbling down around them. The three folders were spread out between them, showing their criminal histories, Harry had summoned them before going back to the group, they'd been told to sleep on it and that they would discuss it in the morning.

"What would you do to them if we say no?" Dale enquired, from where he was sat up at the top rail, along with Andrea. They had to stay away from the main group, they were feeling under the weather, and in such close quarters well it was best to keep some safe distance not wanting the others to catch what they had. Thankfully Harry had some remedies for them to take, aspirin for the fever and cough sweets and he'd even reassured them that he had antibiotics if it was needed. He understandably just didn't want to use them unless there was a real need. He seemed to have everything at hand, very well prepared for anything and Dale was honestly grateful he'd came, as much as Rick or Shane tried, they didn't have Harry's level of level-headed preparedness for anything.

"I'm not going to kill them, Dale," Harry said dryly, staring at the man. "They've done nothing to deserve it; they aren't a threat to those surviving on the outside either. If we don't want them here then that's fine, majority rules though, although I would prefer it to be something we all agree to together. The last thing I want is to create strife in the group right now. If its no, we'll give them some supplies and a knife, send them on their way, if its yes, then we give them an opportunity to prove themselves useful."

Dale unconsciously relaxed, realizing that this wasn't going to be another Randall situation. "I'm all for giving them the opportunity to prove themselves." Dale said.

"And Carol, I don't think they will try and take over, they stood apart from the two who attacked us, they're scared, bewildered they've lived in a cafeteria cut off from understanding what the hell is happening. That's not to say they don't have the potential to be a problem. They survived that alone tells us how dangerous they can be. We have too, and we could be considered dangerous, we'll do whatever it takes to survive." Luna spoke, being honest.

"Meet em and decide," Daryl suggested, arms crossed where he stood in the corner carefully observing everyone and everything.

Harry nodded thoughtfully, that would probably help them make up their minds. "Good idea," he said, "Although it's best if Andrea and Dale don't go, we can't risk everyone coming down with the cold."

Andrea only groaned, she hated being sick, stuck doing nothing until she got better - it was the worst.

"There's a library we'll be clearing out today on the list, I'll bring you some books if you like?" Luna suggested, she had nothing the girl could read, it was all magical things but surely a prison library would have plenty for her to read while she recovered.

"That would be great," Andrea said giving Luna a grateful smile.

"I'll even bring something for you, Sophia would you like that?" Luna added, grinning widely at the younger girl. They'd barely spoken, Sophia preferred being with her mum or oddly enough Harry, well not as odd as one would assume, Harry had saved Sophia after all and that created a deep eternal bond between two people.

"Yes, please!" Sophia said from inside her cell, smiling winningly at Luna as she tied her boots on.

"It will only be a few more days before she'll be able to go to the library herself." Harry commented easily.

"Really? A few days?" Andrea asked, coughing behind her tissues. She wouldn't be better in time to help them at all, that was so unfair.

"Yeah, but I also notice a few are lingering outside the front, someone needs to go out and deal with those too, just yank your dragger through the fence and into their brain will do the trick." Harry said trying to give Andrea something she knew she could do.