Chapter 15

Harry moved his body from under Daryl, leaning over him to get a good look trying to hastily find a bullet hole. Then he saw it, fresh blood oozing from a line at the side of his head. The bullet had grazed him; Harry could have passed out at the sheer relief that he wasn't injured further. That relief turned to fury as he silently seethed over what had happened. He was sick and damn tired of this group, first they fucking cuff Merle to a pipe and leave him surrounded by walkers then they shoot Daryl?

"I was kiddin'," Daryl muttered before his body went lax as he presumably fell unconscious.

"Who the fuck fired the shot?" Harry demanded, as he got to his feet, the fire in his eyes caused everyone in the vicinity to freeze, they could feel danger emanating from Harry, as if something was warning them of danger lurking that they couldn't see. His emotions were tightly wound causing his magic to lash out in his defence, bubbling under the surface, ready to come to his defence if he needed to.

Dale and Andrea were running up to them, with others bringing up the rear.

"Is he alright?" she asked horrified as she finally got to the others, who were still standing there wordlessly.

Harry gritted his teeth, "You put her on watch?" Harry roared, "You put someone who cannot use a bloody gun on watch against walkers? Damn you, you bloody lousy stupid idiots! You're not going to be happy until you've killed them are you? First you leave Merle cuffed to a damn roof left to die! He was trying to cut his own damn hand off when we found him completely delirious! Now this!? And you they told you to fucking let them handle it!"

Andrea gulped in fear as she stepped back away from the furious man, "I..." she tried to come up with something to say, but she couldn't. Every word that came out of his mouth was nothing but the truth.

"We need to get him inside," Rick said soothingly, trying to avert Harry's temper. He was used to dealing with angry people; it was part of his job, although Merle, Daryl and Harry were a whole different category of angry altogether.

Harry glared at Rick, "If I find her on watch again, I swear to Mer-God I will kill the one who suggested it and her, do you hear me? Thank fuck she's a shit shot otherwise she would have killed him." he waited on Rick to nod grimly in agreement before he crouched down and tried to lift Daryl up, Rick moved to help him, as did T-Dog knowing that Harry didn't have the strength for this.

"Oh and another piece of advice? Run fast and run far," Harry said coldly sneering in vindictive satisfaction, "I might not hit women but Merle? He's going to blow a gasket when he finds out you shot his brother." watching her pale and sway when she realized another truth in his statement.

"At least until Merle's had a chance to calm down and talk to his brother," Harry sighed tiredly, suddenly not in the mood for this at all. "His side is wounded, I don't know what happened but an arrow ended up imbedded in his side." He couldn't just go off and rest, he couldn't allow them to put any Muggle medicine into him, he had no idea how it would react to the potions, or whether it would cause him to overdose hell if he wanted something like that to happen. He glanced at the ground, only to find Glenn had already picked up Daryl's crossbow and his rifle, he gave a nod of appreciation at the pale man. He brightened up considerably afterwards though, glad that Harry wasn't angry at him.

"I need to go for supplies, Andrea you should come with us, Harry's right," Glenn informed her worried about what Merle could do. He would need time to cool down, even when he wasn't angry though he'd have some chosen words for her. None of it was going to be least bit friendly, although honestly, if someone had almost killed a member of his family he would feel the same way.