Chapter 78

Tara and Lily were extremely tense, having made the decision to go, as Harry began to explain how they were getting there, they began to doubt him immensely. It seemed impossible that you'd be able to touch something and just disappear from one place and make your way to another. He was obviously mentally ill, how else could you explain it? Yet the niggling doubt remained, he had done something impossible, her daughter had done something she couldn't conceive as real. The only reality they had ever known was being blown to smithereens, not that much could shock them anymore, hello, dead was up and walking around like nobodies business. Then they'd seen something that made them touch the Portkey without thought, doubt or not they were just stunned and reacted on instinct on being told what to do. Their father was floating through the room in midair, as if he was lying on an invisible bed, his entire body straight and relaxed. Unbeknown to the newcomers, Harry was reusing an old item to get them to PA. The table with handles he'd used to get everyone from the prison to the sanctuary in the first place. It gave them grip and purchase so they didn't end up falling before they landed and gave them stability after they did.

"Read this," Daryl said, thrusting a piece of paper into Lily's hands, "You'll see in a second," he added knowing by now what would be asked next and he honestly hoped to avoid it. People were so predicable, it grew tiresome after a while, well, not being right - that was amusing - but just knowing how people are and how they'd react. The urge to just go out and hunt was strong, almost as strong as the desire to save as many as he could.

Harry turned to stare at Daryl shrewdly, sensing his darkening mood, he got like that sometimes, but after some alone time he would bounce back. According to Merle, Daryl wasn't terribly good at being social, he'd even hated school he preferred outdoors by himself hunting. It wasn't anything Harry hadn't already figured out on his own, he felt it sometimes as well but not to the extent Daryl obviously did. He'd had friends to break him out of the habit at a young age.

"Go ahead," Harry said, gesturing for Daryl to go inside. "I'll deal with it," he'd probably go and visit the deer in the woods; they were hoping at least one of them got pregnant and they had fawns in the future. They would need to keep an eye on them though, they didn't want fawns birthed with close family members, and it would result in complications as the fawns grew older. Inbreeding caused a lot of damage; the inability to survive and reproduction were the main factors. In these trying times, culling animals was definitely not what he wanted to do.

It was a testament to how badly he wanted it that he actually gave Harry a look, a single nod before he was off.

"Give it to your sister and daughter," Harry explained, an amused smile on his face watching her reaction, since she didn't react, merely just kept gaping, Tara snatched it out of her numb hands, curious to know what was happening herself, and Daryl had literally disappeared before her very eyes like he'd simmered out of view, without that popping noise...unless it had just been her ears.

Frowning perplexed at the line of writing, beautifully calligraphic writing in the likes she never saw often. Her own writing was atrocious, but what could anyone expect? She'd learned to write extremely fast and with half words instead of the whole one as part of her training. A glimmer of something caught her attention, and out of nowhere homes and people appeared it was like some sort of portal had opened up, it was untouched, and honestly Tara hadn't seen anything more welcoming in her entire life. He had been telling the truth all along, she should have trusted her instincts instead of doubting them. Oh, her father would love to see this, "Will our father be able to go through the portal?" he was asleep more than he was conscious these days, Harry had done something since his breathing wasn't erratic in fact he was more peaceful than she'd seen him in such a long time, even before the apocalypse.