Chapter 24

As Harry and Carl approached the house, Lori, Carol and Rick were at the porch, the meeting was obviously just starting. Harry didn't pause, he just continued on walking towards them, Carl wouldn't meet his parents faces, just stared at the grass under his feet. Harry's face was filled with fire, he couldn't believe them, after all the warnings he'd given he was ignored, and he was at his wits end. How hard could it be to look after one kid and stop him from wandering off?

"What do you think you're doing?" Lori said, observing the way Harry was holding her son her displeasure was obvious.

"Get into the house, now Carl," Harry said sternly, his voice booking no arguments from the teen.

"Now wait a minute..." Lori protested, but Harry just nodded grimly to Carol to get her to take the boy into the house.

"What the hell was so important that you didn't notice your son was missing?" Harry snapped out as soon as the door closed.

"What are you talking about?" Lori exclaimed, "What my son does is none of your business!"

"What did he do?" Rick asked, resignedly, he knew Harry wouldn't be this furious over Carl playing on his own - something had happened and it had wound Harry up severely. He cared a lot about the kids, he hadn't truly believed Carol when she said that in the beginning but he more than believed it now.

"Rick!" Lori hissed, upset that her husband wasn't backing her up.

"He started taunting a walker, throwing stones at it while it was trapped in the swamp!" Harry proclaimed in annoyance. "Aiming a gun he stole from Daryl at it, but it got free...do you understand? Your son came this close to being bitten or scratched!" Harry used his fingers to indicate just how close. "You have one thing to do, one little thing and that's to look after your son! There's only one of Carol but she has no problem keeping an eye on Sophia! There are two of you! The damn washing and drying isn't more important than your son! Creating a life worth living isn't going to mean much without your kid! GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!"

Rick's blue eyes were wide with a combination of fear and bafflement.

"Damn the pair of you to hell," Harry said after a few seconds of stunned silence, shaking his head he disappeared inside the house his nostrils still flaring at the close call that had occurred only ten minutes prior. He ignored everyone as he stood against the fall wall next to Luna, Daryl was leaning against the drawers next to the door, Merle was sitting on the piano stool and Glenn leaned against the side, Dale next to him. The awkward silence was a sure sign that absolutely everyone had heard what he said.

It took over ten minutes before Rick came in, Lori after him, she stayed in the doorway, and arms crossed looking as if she didn't want to be there.

"So...how do you want to do this?" Glenn asked looking around, trying to take the sudden attention of Dale, since everyone was looking at him, with good reason he had basically called the meeting.

"Do we put it to a vote?" Luna asked.

"Does it have to be unanimous?" Andrea nodded along with Luna.

"How about majority rules?" Lori suggested.

"Well, let's...let's just see where everybody stands, and then we can talk through the options." Rick suggested standing in the middle of the room but behind a red Victorian old fashioned couch. Everyone that wasn't a Greene was standing more out of courtesy one would imagine.

"Well, the way I see it, there's only one way to move forward." Shane admitted, his voice for once wasn't condescending, he truly believed it was the best way to go.