Chapter 82

The night after the visit from the dragon was a restless night for some, fearing that something else, something worse would come along and shatter the peace they had longed for. Those in Harry's 'Inner Circle' although he would never think to call them that or even suggest it, since in his mind they were friends, he was their protector - and under his care - for as long as they would have him. Those in Harry's 'Inner Circle' the main group, people who had been with him practically since it all began.

Daryl, Merle, Luna, Andrea, Amy, Carol, Sophia, Dale, Axel, Big Tiny, Oscar, Mira, Andre, Luke, Glenn and of course, Michonne. They trusted Harry wholeheartedly, and had no difficulty sleeping, knowing without a doubt if anything came Harry and they would fight tooth and nail to ensure their home base (PA) was safe from all and every threat.

There were those who did indeed trust Harry, but yet were unable to have complete confidence in him...after all it was all too much just for one man wasn't it? Even someone as strong and powerful as Harry was. Hershel, Maggie - admittedly she was half way to being convinced due to Glenn), Beth, Patrick, Carl, T-Dog, Sasha, Tyreese and surprisingly Lori.

However, sleep wasn't coming as easy for those who did not fully trust Harry or believe in his abilities in the face of adversity, he had almost died after all, he wasn't indestructible, he merely had tools at his disposal to make it seem like he was. That list was most definitely the smallest, Rick, Jimmy, Tara, Lily, Meghan and of course, Bob, but that was understandable, since they were so utterly new and thrown into this world, a dragon definitely didn't constitute as a good start. Although after Luna was through with them, they were feeling distinctively guilty, especially Tara who had been so scared she'd blamed the easiest person for the situation she'd seen at hand.

The three in the infirmary were absolutely petrified, well; Abraham was also in awe of what he had seen. He wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't seen it with his own eyes.

Sooner or later though their bodies had succumbed to the need of sleep, due to the lack of chores to do they had no need for early rising. They were getting to sleep in, which was new, everyone always got up extremely early ever since...well ever since it started the goddamned apocalypse.

---------------------------------------0

Sleeping in wasn't for everyone, Harry, Daryl and Merle were naturally the first to wake up, Luna however, remained dead to the world as Merle got up and made his way next door. He wasn't even remotely surprised to find Harry and Daryl already awake and dressed for the day; some habits just couldn't and wouldn't be broken.

"You alrigh'?" Merle questioned, claiming a seat for himself without pause. When Harry and Daryl had returned hours after the dragon had taken flight with both of them, Harry had nodded his head grimly, before taking off towards his home exhaustion written across his tired features. Most had relaxed at that, taking the comfort for what it was, the situation had been dealt with and they were safe. Daryl had spoke to him and Luna for a few moments before eventually following Harry still a little tense himself.

Harry just grunted from where he was looking at his mug of coffee, something he didn't drink much of actually, Merle could probably count on his fingers how often Harry drank coffee or even tea.

"We gonna have more magical creatures finding their way here?" Merle summarised, it wasn't truly a question, at least not really.

"Probably," Harry mumbled, before a jaw cracking yawn passed his lips, he'd expended a lot of magic to create that safe place for the dragon, to keep out both humans and walkers alike and to prevent anyone from actually seeing the dragon flying around. "They're one of the few creatures that walkers can't kill," he eventually told Merle after taking a long drink of coffee and sat up straighter. He was glad he had nothing to do today, it was their day off, and other than some light cooking in the burger van there was nothing to do. All else had been prepared for today by the girls, who seemed extraordinary pleased with themselves, and the fact they were getting to have a 'normal day' so to speak. They weren't even training today.