Chapter 10

The group was led towards quite a big room, with an abundance of chairs; it was almost like a classroom, perhaps a debriefing area for everyone? It was empty as well, Harry realized, it wasn't even late yet, so it wasn't as everyone could be asleep. There were a collection of Muggle vials, presumably where they were going to get their blood taken. The adults had no problem, except a little dizziness for the ones that hadn't eaten in near enough two days. Carl and Sophia looked ready to cry, evidently they didn't like needles, but with their mothers there they allowed it however reluctantly. He hadn't had any sleep in two days, no more than a couple of minutes where he nodded off here and there. Needless to say he was feeling rather drowsy; he couldn't wait to put his head on a pillow and sleep.

"Is she alright?" Jenner asked, looking concerned.

"We haven't eaten in days," T-Dog explained as he helped Jacqui sit down.

Harry peeled open his left eye, watching as Jacqui wavered slightly, she had been travelling with T-dog and was one of the few who hadn't eaten - they had barely stopped for the two days to get anything from the RV. They needed to start planning better otherwise they were going to be weakened, starving and it would inevitably slow them down and they could be killed. By 'they' he actually meant them, he was fully prepared for anything thanks to Hermione really; he'd learned it all from her during their stint on the run from Voldemort's forces.

"Next?" Jenner said clearing his throat, when Harry opened his eye again he found everyone staring at him. Shane looked ready to shoot him the second he began to be difficult. Rick was watching him cautiously, wondering if they were going to have a problem. Yawning tiredly, he stood up and made his way over, all the while stifling another yawn. The police officers relaxed feeling slightly stupid for their thoughts; they were all tired after all.

Sitting down he held out his arm, idly wondering if his blood test would come back different from everyone else's. The magic was in the blood sort of, it's why magic and blood didn't mix well together. Why it could also be used in rituals, he hoped it didn't end up causing some sort of malfunction in the Muggle machines. He knew the man would never guess he was magical, to a Muggle magic was something of a joke, something pulling the strings and most definitely not real - a scientist probably thought that more than anyone else. Surely magic wouldn't have remained hidden if it could take nothing more than a blood test to reveal it? The feeling of his arm being moved brought him right out of his thoughts, as he swiftly moved away from the scientist, grabbing the piece of cotton wool he'd used on the bit of blood, and out of sheer habit he put it in his pocket, determined to burn it as soon as he could. It was hard enough parting with the vial the scientist had.

"Follow me," he said after he gathered the metal tin that had the vials of blood in it. Harry paid close attention to the corridors, memorising items he could see, boxes, the occasional bit of coloured glass as if something had been smashed and not cleaned up properly, and general messes, things that hadn't been cleaned in a good long while. Compared to the outside though it was the picture of a sterile environment. Harry flicked his finger over the dust, creating small arrows as he went to make sure he had a good idea of where to go.

"Welcome to Zone 5," Jenner said as they approached another room, the lights flickered on, showing the room in all its glory - there was of course, one thing crucially missing.

"Where is everyone? The other scientists? Staff?" Rick finally asked, looking more than a little bewildered by the large room's vacancy.

"Just asking that now officer Friendly?" Merle stated mockingly

"I'm it, there's only me here, I'm sorry," Jenner said solemnly, knowing they'd probably came here expecting all their questions answered, truth was he had no idea what was causing it, it could be one of many things.