Chapter 19

The second Harry stood up the dog got to its feet, shakily but still determined, its face intently on Harry its injured paw up as if it was begging, whining softly, its tongue out to the side, his amber eyes sad as if Harry was his last hope. Its nose touching Harry's hand, wagging its tail a little before it stopped and just stared at him. The dog knew Harry had healed him, and dogs were nothing if not loyal, he wanted a human again, one that wasn't growing and groaning and trying to eat him. Plus this human had given him food, water; it's more than he'd had in a long time.

"The people I'm with would rather eat you," Harry told the dog pointedly rolling his eyes when its tail wagged. "I'm talking to a dog," he muttered to himself wryly.

Luna didn't beg on the dogs behalf; despite the fact the poor thing was all alone. She knew Harry wouldn't leave anything to be hurt or killed. He wasn't that sort of person, sure the dog wasn't human but it didn't mean he could walk away without feeling guilty as hell. "Didn't you always want another familiar?"

"I actually always wanted a dog," Harry admitted, sighing, "I must be mental, they're gonna annoy me to hell and back."

Daryl snorted but whether it was disgust or agreement nobody knew.

The dog licking his hand broke him completely, "Alright, alright, alright, you can come," Harry grumbled, wiping the drool away he was going to get shit for this. Well, he was already going to have to explain Luna so why not add fuel to the fire? He thought with wry amusement. "Merle's right I'm a bloody sap."

"That ain't what he called ya," Daryl pointed out, smirking as he deliberately looked away from them.

"Funny," Harry muttered drolly, "You alright to walk? It's about a mile and half,"

"I'll be fine," Luna insisted right away, "Been through worse you know that."

"Okay, let's get to it," Harry said and they began walking, Harry occasionally watching the dog, but he seemed fine, trotting along but he was careful on his injured leg he noticed. "When they ask questions, we got on a plane together before the shit hit the fan, during the early days, we got separated, you went back to the hotel and you never saw me again after that, but you found out I'd been shot today so I couldn't get back to you."

"Shot?" Luna spun around, "You mean with a gun?" Luna's blue eyes were wide with shock she could sense the truth in his words.

"Arrow, the rest doesn't explain how the hell you found me though," Harry changed the subject. "Then again Rick found his own family through sheer luck so it might work out." ambling over a fallen tree, trying to think of what the hell to say to everyone.

"It's been over two months, I can just say I've been looking for you all this time," Luna said determinedly, if Harry didn't trust these Muggles she probably wouldn't either. This group should be glad they had kids, it was one of Harry's biggest weaknesses, but he wouldn't stay if it continued, Harry was through playing a hero and disregarding his own feelings in respect of everyone else's.

"Why the hell not?" Harry agreed, shrugging his shoulders. "Don't go wandering alone either, there's a barn full of walkers on the property."

"What?" Luna squeaked stopping immediately unable to believe her ears. "Walkers? As in not put down walkers?" her voice had gone up several octaves as she spoke.

"Yeah, the farm owner believes they can be cured," Harry replied, "He seems to have forgotten that they get fevers so bad it causes their bodies to shut down, and then they die before being reanimated. Even if a cure is found, his wife and step-son will never be them again. He's been cut off since the beginning, he's been protected, and the barn I would say has twelve walkers, which is probably the amount they've come across."