Chapter 81

It was like time stood still as the scene in front of them sank into their minds, Harry as always noticed everything, evidently Andrea had not gone out long, since she stood in front of Carol (trying to stand in front of Sophia as well, but the brave determined teen refused to bow down to anyone or anything much to Harry's immense pride) Amy as well, but even the blonde refused to cower, standing instead with a knife at the ready like the rest of his core group. The kids were cowering behind them, terrified beyond belief. The rest of Harry's people were spread out along the road crouched on the floor trying to make themselves as invisible as possible so badly fearing for their lives that Harry could see their entire bodies shaking.

Then it was as if someone had hit the play button and noise rushed through his ears, "Don't do anything, you'll only make it angry!" came the voice of Sophia, sounding so confident and assured by her statement. As Harry blasted a wave of water towards Luna's own water shield causing the waves of fire to bellow out and steam rise like an inferno.

"Why are you just standing there? DO SOMETHING!" Tara snapped just as Harry expelled water from his wand. She was crouched outside the house that her family was using. They should never have come here; she should have known there was no such miracle without consequences. The venomous look Harry shot her had her shuffling back, fear flashing through her eyes, perhaps she had been best to keep her mouth shut and not antagonise a wizard.

Harry immediately felt bad but not enough to apologise, he was doing his best here for Merlin's sake! His heart sank, it took dozens of wizards and witches to subdue a dragon, and he was only one man. Even if he somehow got the dragon away like he had done in the past during the tournament...it could just very well return and cause even more damage possibly kill them. The magic surrounding this place...was...a supernatural beacon for all magical animals. It just had to be a damn dragon that made its way here.

Harry's left hand suddenly flicked in a downward motion causing Daryl's crossbow to aim downwards causing the arrow to release and hit the concrete and skid away uselessly. "You'll just make it furious, it could fry us to a crisp before you could do any damage," Harry explained, green eyes dull. They were going to have to leave, face the uncertainty of finding another place...his people had settled, were happy, and he felt terrible about what he was going to have to do. "Almost nothing can get through dragon hide,"

"I thought nothing could get through your wards?" Michonne questioned, her samurai sword already held defensively in her hand. Her attention alternating between Harry and her son who was safely ensconced in Carol's arms. She feared moving and bringing the dragons attention on them and incidentally her son.

"Nobody can," Mira was the one to answer, her breathing was a little quick, but she was calm. "Animals and certain creatures...magical creatures are different," as brilliant and ingenious as the Fidelius Charm was...it didn't work against certain magical creatures like dragons or House-elves. Just because she was a squib it didn't mean she didn't know her stuff, and it would have been something she'd had to say before meeting Harry. Fortunately, Harry wasn't prejudiced against non-magical or squibs.

"Son of a dick!" came from the red headed guy, who was standing up despite his injuries at the surgery door, eyes almost popping out of his head.

"Repeat of my fourth year?" Harry murmured quietly, gazing intently at the dragon in front of him through the wall of water. Its scales are smooth and copper-coloured. It also has black ridge-markings and short horns on its head. Like the Norwegian Ridgeback, its fangs are venomous. It is the smallest and fastest known breed of dragon, about fifteen feet (five metres) long and able to conceal itself well from Muggles something it evidently didn't feel like doing. The Vipertooth feeds on goats and cows but is notorious for its particular craving for humans. Vipertooth dragons were all but endangered before the end of the world, they had been all but exterminated by wizards because they couldn't be controlled and were a danger to the secrecy act.