Chapter 35

"This must be the guard's office," Harry commented, flicking off his torch having no need for it, there was a bit of light in here, hanging it from wrist, after slowly opening the door, it creaked but no other sound came from within. There was dozens of monitors all blank unsurprisingly, they place had absolutely no electricity running in it, his gaze roamed around the second he was in, no walkers, just a lone dead body, but he knew appearances could be deceptive. Not taking the chance that the body was in fact a walker, he sank his dagger into the temple, only once he'd moved around to the desk and faced the prison officer or warden whatever they were called here, did he notice the bullet wound to the head. Glancing down he noticed the gun, bending down grimacing in pain as his leg flared up, he grabbed the gun, checking it for bullets he found he'd used the last one on himself, and shaking his head he stashed it into his trouser pocket. Hearing the sound of keys, he looked up to see Daryl had a large bunch of them in his hand held together by a large silver ring that kept them together and in order.

"It's been a bit empty so far hasn't it?" Harry mused; he was beginning to think the prison had been one of the first places to go. They hadn't gotten to any main part of the prison yet though, so he might be a bit hasty. "Either they were outside or we're about to find them all still in their cells." he added quietly, still looking around for anything they could use, like weapons and such but there wasn't much, just a bunch of shiv's and weapons made with every day items like a toothbrush, in a box in the office. Along with paperwork that he didn't even want to begin going through. The baton he supposed could come in handy as a last resort but mostly it was useless like everything else.

"Would have been easier if we saw who was outside," Daryl replied shrugging his shoulders carelessly.

"No it wouldn't, there were a lot of civilians there, too many in fact which means there's somewhere that is open and letting them in," Harry informed him quietly, so he wasn't overheard. "There must have been around seven or eight prison guards in full riot gear as well." he added thoughtfully. Even the office windows were barred up, it would take a while to get them removed all of them.

"Here, Luna says you better take it," Daryl said handing over the vial after looking around to ensure that nobody was nearby. The rest of the others were checking out the other rooms.

Harry's head jerked up, a dry huffed laugh leaving his lips, of course she did, grumbling under his breath, Luna wouldn't leave him alone until he did. Although if he was honest he did want to take it, the constant walking, and knowing he would be continuing for who knows how long before they found an area secure enough to sleep the night in. In other words they might be at it for hours, so he was best to take it, as if his leg was willing him to agree it throbbed nastily at him. Accepting the potion, he drank it down in a single gulp, sighing in relief as the potion got to work, immediately removing the pain there must have been a muscle relaxant in it, he could feel it, as his tense muscles began to ease up. Holding the vial up to his sight, he cleaned it out magically and put it in his pocket, the one that didn't have the gun in it. Vials as well as everything else would be very difficult to come by, and he planned on making potions, also planned on scouting any possible locations where he could get more once things were at least a little bit settled. "There's nothing else here," he added, "What do you think, should we remove the bodies as we go or wait until we have a place set up?" asking Daryl for his opinion, noticing that he actually liked being asked judging by the surprise that flickered through his blue eyes, like just now.

"Don't matter, does it?" Daryl said, readjusting his crossbow.

"Do you answer my questions like that because you think I will do the opposite of what you say or is it because you think I will think you're daft for giving your opinion...?" Harry queried, wandering over standing right in front of Daryl, "Or do you honestly not care enough to think about it?" nine times out of ten he would find a way to answer the damn question without giving an answer. Without waiting on a reply he just smirked at Daryl before stepping around him and out of the room. Whistling for Anubis to follow him, which he did, his nails tapping on the cement floor as he barrelled after Harry. He could faintly hear the others talking, but it was muffled and that was inside a prison.