Chapter 47

"That's Daryl and Harry back," Andrea called, glancing over to see the van, which didn't honk its horn, they never did. Dropping her knife she began to jog over to the gates, Luna and Mira joined her, between the three of them they got the first gate open before making their way down further and opening the other gate letting the van drive in, which it did, with more urgency than normal, it wasn't even near dark yet, when they went out scavenging they usually stayed out for at least another hour or so, maybe more, it was difficult to judge just what time it was. Either way it was still light and would remain so for at least another hour probably more.

The doors slamming had everyone looking over, Harry whistled, with a single jerk of his finger everyone abandoned what they were doing to see what their leader wanted. Yes, Harry was their leader, and he had made the prison a home for them all and risked everything to get what they needed he deserved the title and a lot more that they couldn't give him. Harry opened the back of the van, "Take what you can in, I want everyone in the dining hall in five minutes, but first I need to talk to Daryl," Harry told them, rubbing his face in agitation, glancing out at the prison, feeling very paranoid.

The only consolation he had was the fact the shields around the prison would prevent anyone being hurt if this fucking Muggle open fired on them. Harry grabbed as much as he could without rousing suspicion, everything had been emptied out of the box and the van was packed from the roof of the van to the floor.

"Put it on the cart," Carol said, urging him to empty his hands off the large soda bottles. The heaviest of the items always did get put on it; Carol was one hell of a woman and always thought ahead. She had the thing lying at the side of the building each time they left, not that they were always successful but she did it nonetheless. She watched him in concern; she'd never seen him look this way since they had been at the quarry, when Merle had been left on that rooftop by the others. He was obviously extremely worried, and the fact he wanted to discuss something with them...well it played on her mind but having something to do helped. She glanced at Oscar, Axel and Andrea; they sensed it too, judging by the worried looks.

Harry stalked away from the group, not even looking back to see if Daryl was following him, after what they'd just seen he wasn't in the mood for a 'personal chat' but it had to happen, he would rather avoid the whole 'avoidance' phase, which was happening already, Daryl hadn't even glanced once at him since the near kiss in the car. Things might be getting sticky soon so yes, he would prefer to nip it in the bud before something happened to kick them out of it. He decided to have this conversation in the cell block, it was less likely that anyone would overhear them or interfere, three dings alerted him to the fact one of the others had called everyone to a meet. One ding meant food was ready, but three they had decided upon being a way to alert everyone to meet up in the dining room. They hadn't had to use it yet, but he knew they'd remember the conversation.

An excited bark had his lips twitching despite his mood, as Anubis barrelled into him, brushing himself excitedly against Harry, almost whining, Harry just laughed softly, patting and stroking the dog, he seemed very healthy, he just wished there was a vet to make sure. Anubis was still hyper when Daryl entered the cell block, avoiding looking at him. He hadn't done so much avoiding meeting his gaze since they'd first met.

"Alright can we stop all this avoiding each other shit?" Harry asked, crossing his arms as he stared at Daryl, as he leaned against the metal banister. "Things are getting way too dangerous to avoid each other, especially since besides me, you and Merle know best what to look for if anyone comes close."

"You can blame me for it all if you like, even though both you and I know you leaned in," Harry pointed out after Daryl continued to remain silent. He had to bite his tongue when Daryl's face went red, not a noticeable encompassing blush but just there on his cheekbones. "I shouldn't have done it," Daryl twitched at that pronouncement, and before he came to the wrong conclusion Harry hasted to explain. "You're nowhere near ready for a relationship,"