02

TIME SKIPPED TO THE START OF THE APOCALYPSE

THIRD PERSONS POINT OF VIEW

It has been more than 12 months since Alyona was anchored in this new world. She meets up with Dokja once a month while she upgrades her suit and weapons, She then started reading a very interesting novel, suggested by Dokja himself. You admit to yourself that you see Dokja as a companion and a dear friend. You just hope that he sees you all the same.

FLASHBACK

"What makes you so occupied on your phone? Is it a game?" Dokja shake his head while rubbing his neck "No, it's an action novel" you perked up at this and faced him with interested eyes "Is it like surviving type of novel? or science fiction? Hero and villain genre?" Dokja chuckled and reddened. This was the only time you broke out of your cold facade and properly talk to him in a manner where he isn't feeling nervous. "It's about surviving in an apocalypse, It's called Three Ways to Survive an Apocalypse" You nodded and walked closer to him, "Let me see" You snatched his phone and tried to read it yourself "Wow! it has a lot of chapters! What's the story about?" You asked him with gleaming eyes like a child asking for candy. "Well, it's about a regressor trying to survive the apocalypse" You nodded and grabbed your phone and downloaded the app he uses, and searched the novel. "I'll try to read this in my free time, it sounds so promising!" He just reddened more and decided to crane his neck away to avoid looking at you. "it originally has a lot of readers but as the story progresses the readers decrease in number, and now I'm the only one reading" he looked away in embarrassment, waiting to be called 'lame' or such names, but all he receives is silence. "I see, it must be an amazing story if you continuously read it" You exhaled and returned to your laboratory to check up on your suit. He had a warm fuzzy feeling in his chest. To think someone has acknowledged his liking without criticizing him makes him content.

END OF FLASHBACK

You do get glimpses of the future as you keep reading the novel. You somehow conclude that the story is the impending doom, So to evade being oblivious, You used the mind stone to your advantage and speed read the novel and put everything in memory for later purposes. "Dokja-ssi, isn't today the end of the novel?" you asked him, somehow since morning Dokja notice a dark aura shrouding you. 

Much darker than normal. "Mmm, yeah, it's so sad to think that it will all end here" He sighed sadly as he opened the novel to read the last part, "HUH? really? is that it?" You chuckled seeing him so immersed on his phone. 

"Oh, My. at this rate you might get sucked into your phone" You looked up and saw a pretty lady,  "Hello Ms. nice meeting you, are you a colleague of Mr. Kim?" You greeted her and presented a smile, She smiled back at you and felt a slight admiration for the way you talked. "H-hello Ms. and yes I'm his co-worker. are the both of you going home?" She questioned as she situated herself between the both of you. 

"Yeah, are you too?" Dokja asked this time. "I'm Sangah Yoo. Ms. and you are?" Sangah strikes a conversation with you "I'm Alyona Ivanov-Stark, pleasure meeting you" She just smiled at that and returned her attention to Dokja. I tuned out most of their conversation as I grabbed the kunai and dagger inside my bag. 

This is going to be a bloody train ride. "Puede prestarme dinero?" You stared back at them hearing Sangah speak Spanish, "¿Cuánto necesitas?" You asked this time in Spanish and look at them "Pardon?" Dokja look out of place as he didn't comprehend the both of us. "It's Spanish, it means 'lend me some money" She explained to Dokja, you chuckled and decided to disregard them.