093

KIM DOKJA'S POINT OF VIEW

It was already morning when I opened my eyes. Han Sooyoung saw me wake up and smiled. She was the last person keeping guard. "Did you have a nightmare?" I nodded and bit my lip, "A little bit." It was a lie... I saw a dark entity swallowing the earth as a whole. Everyone including me was engulfed in that darkness.

Even if it was a dream... It all felt so surreal, how the fire burn my skin, how the darkness blinds my eyes... How every scream of the party member penetrates my ears. How we are doomed to end.. The embers of the firewood burning all night were white. I put out the fire and touched my forehead, which had a splitting headache. 

The scene that I saw through Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint after that chilling nightmare... Gilyoung, I didn't know if he was okay. "Where is Yoo Sangah-ssi?"  Han Sooyoung answered while touching her smartphone, "She went to scout."

"What are you looking at?" I asked her, "A novel." I rosed my brow at that and look at her. "Your novel?" She sighed and look at me with deadpan expression. "What other novel would I look at?" Indeed, it would be strange to read other novels under these circumstances. I read other novels from time to time. Ah, it seems Alyona's awake.

"I always wondered, is it fun for a writer to read what they wrote?" I look at her with an inquisitive look, "It is very fun." She answered back sarcastically. "Even though you know all the details?" I asked without thinking but Han Sooyoung gave me an unexpected answer.

"I sometimes feel that the story is different despite reading the same thing." Yeah, sometimes I read my work from the point of view of the reader... Even Alyona says the same thing. "What?" Then Alyona's voice reverberated around. "A writer doesn't have complete mastery of the novel. There are many holes whenever I look back, In the end, reading is the process of keeping the irregular holes in place." Han Sooyoung nodded in agreement.

"I don't know what the both of you are talking about." Han Sooyoung answered this time, "...It means that after some time, I can see it as someone else's writing. Ultimately, every human is their writer." The words were unexpected and I felt surprised. Han Sooyoung was able to say such a difficult thing.

"Come to think of it, you are like that. You wrote someone else's novel." I told her, that Han Sooyoung yelled something back but I blocked my ears for a while. Who told her to plagiarize in the first place? Han Sooyoung turned off her smartphone and asked me, "By the way, what are you going to do next?"

"What will I do? I will wait for the start of the next scenario." I stood up and dusted off my pants. "Who would believe that? I'm sure you have a plan." She seemed to have something to say so I let her speak. She kept on talking anyway.

"Yoo Jonghyuk and Alyona are taking charge of the west and the Wanderer King is handling the north, What about the center?" I look upwards and sighed loudly, "We will stop it together." She look at me with confused eyes. "Isn't there an easy method? Have you forgotten?"

"Did you copy that as well?" I stopped for a moment and stared at Han Sooyoung, "...When did I do that? I just came up with it in my novel." Han Sooyoung fumbled with her words while pouting. "In any case, aren't I right? As far as I know, there is an easy way to prevent the disaster in the center."

Certainly, her words were right. If we did that, we could clear the fifth scenario and prevent all disasters without difficulty. Han Sooyoung looked at me with piercing eyes. "Are you going to do it?" I looked around and saw Yoo Sangah waving her hand in the distance. "That... let's think about it on the way."

Han Sooyoung grumbled, "Why do you look so happy after seeing her..? Are you sure Alyona even is your girlfriend?" I grew a tick mark at that. "It is because she is a trustworthy person. Alyona is on a different scale." Han Sooyoung scoffed. "Che, Untrustworthy people will survive."