034

KIM DOKJA'S POINT OF VIEW

After a while, we moved towards the entrance of the 'hidden dungeon' on the first underground floor. I walked behind Lee Jihye, Lee Gilyoung, and Jung Heewon while looking at my smartphone.

「...Amid the splitting headache, Yoo Jonghyuk came to his senses.

'Give up on this life.'

This was the end of Yoo Jonghyuk's eighth life. 」

It couldn't be. This hadn't happened yet. Shit, why was this guy doing this on only the third life? If he moved carefully like in his second life, he would've passed through the mid-to-late scenarios. Or perhaps it was Alyona's influence again?

 "Dokja-ssi, what are you looking at?" I raised my eyes to see Jung Heewon looking at me. "...Ah, the calendar... This situation has made me lose my sense of the date." I thought it might be more interesting to look at the calendar. Sometimes I wondered how I finished reading this novel.

"Then... did you say your name was Jihye? Do you also use a sword?" Jung Heewon looked at me suspiciously before turning her head towards Lee Jihye. "Yes. I like the sword." Lee Jihye said with an excited smile. "Right? The sword is the best. It has a good taste."

"...Unni also knows the taste?" Jung Heewon smiled as she watched Lee Jihye's sword. It was a luxurious sword that flowed smoothly. "Your sword looks good." Maybe it was given by Yoo Jonghyuk. "Ah, Master and Alyona-Unnni gave it to me. Unni...?" She smiled and flashed the sword given by Alyona.

"This one was given by Alyona! Isn't it beautiful?"  Jung Heewon boasted at the younger lady. Lee Jihye's eyes sparkled at her words. "Alyona-Unni is something else, I'm starting to think your sword is better than mine." Jung Heewon laughed at that and patted the girl on the back.

"Hey, why are you talking to Heewon-ssi but ignoring me?" I butted in their conversation. "Uh... that, I'm a bit weak to older females." Lee Jihye responded with a quivering voice and Jung Heewon gave her a headlock as if Lee Jihye was cute. There seemed to be a connection between the 'demon slayers.' 

"By the way, why are you rescuing Master?" Lee Jihye barely escaped from the headlock and asked. "We are companions," I said subtly looking ahead. "Don't talk nonsense," Jihye said with a scoff. "He is a useful guy. Alyona is also useful but the case of your master is different with her..." Jihye scrutinize me closely and said; "...You sound like Master."

[The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' is wondering about your heart.]

Come to think of it, it wasn't just Lee Jihye but the constellations as well who must be wondering about my actions. He was a guy who would kill me if he got a chance. It was strange that I would run to save him.

[The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' likes your desire to rehabilitate a fallen friend.]

[100 coins have been sponsored.]

This one misunderstood me. But the Demon-like Judge of Fire... unlike the expectations of the Archangel Uriel, I had a deeply personal reason for saving Yoo Jonghyuk. It was to prevent him from 'regressing' after his death. Alyona made it a focal point to be quite annoying to deal with if he regress.

Regression after death. It sounded good. A 'regression stigma' that triggered every time you died. The protagonist had a fraudulent ability.  The problem was that this ability invoked complicated thoughts in the surrounding cast. But Alyona is here, Perhaps she can do something to reverse it? No, she said it herself it's 'annoying.' But then what does that mean?