Chapter Two

The next morning I wake up with a hard slap to my face. My eyes fly open as I quickly sit straight up in bed.

Frowning I hold my stinging cheek and look around. Looking beside me, I notice Emily is laying on her back with her hand resting next to where my face just was.

"Oh my god! She slapped me in the face" I say to myself as I giggle.

Fully awake now, I slowly slide my legs out of the covers and move to the side of the bed, doing my best not to disturb her.

Emily is a heavy sleeper but I sneak anyway, she surprises me sometimes because her fake sleeping is award-winning. I sit on the edge of my bed, stretching my stiff body as I yawn then stand up.

But as soon as I take a step, I trip over something and land on whatever it is. I notice is very warm.

"What?" the warm thing whispers beneath me.

"Cole?" I laugh quietly, "why are you sleeping on my floor?"

Cole just mumbles something I can't hear, then grabs my waist, pulls me next to him and wraps his arms around me. I snuggle into him as I close my eyes and breathe in his scent, he seems like soap and the ocean, a wonderful mix that I've fallen in love with.

As I take deep breaths in, I notice my thoughts are getting farther and farther apart until I open my eyes again the room is a little brighter.

"I must off fell asleep" I yawn again, I'm still snuggled next to Cole. 

I look at him as his eyes are starting to move beneath his closed eyelids. After another minute, his gorgeous chocolate brown eyes are looking into my dark brown ones.

"Morning," he says with a sleepy and adorable grin.

"Morning" I grin back.

Without saying anything else, Cole leans over and kisses my lips. When he leans back, he continues smiling at me until he looks me up and down and his face falls.

"I can't believe, I did it again! And I can't even blame it on the drinking this time!" Cole scowls himself.

I just watch him as a wave of emotions dances across his face, I see self-hate, and regret but love as well and this gives me hope.

"Cole, I'm not complaining" I smile as I cup his face.

Cole looks at me and tilts his head into my hand, "You should be. You're seventeen! I should have stuck to my plan and waited another year."

"Another year? You planned to kiss me next year?" I ask shocked as my jaw drops.

Cole grins at me, "When you were eighteen I was going to ask you out. I love you Victoria. I have for a few months now, I knew I couldn't act on my feelings because you're not just underage but your father will literally kill me" Cole says as he pulls me closer to him.

I look at him as tears start to pool in my eyes, "you love me?" I whisper as tears rush down my cheek.

My whole life I have wished and hoped for Cole to say those words.

"Yes very much" Cole smiles at me as he wipes my tears away and kisses my cheek.

"I love you too. I always have" I say.

"Really!?" Cole smiles at me.

I grin and nod my head. Cole gives me his adorable grin and then kisses my lips. His tongue goes into my mouth as we hear my father's voice calling me.

We quickly pull apart and I jump to my feet. Cole lays down and pretends to be asleep and I run over to Emily. I pretend to tuck her in as my father walks in.