One hundred and nine

*five months pregnant*

Antony's party is us sitting on the couch in our pjs binge watching true blood.

"Eric is all sorts of yummy" Antony says with his eyes glued to the tv as we watch Eric's naked ass walks around.

"He is mine bro" I grin admiring his ass as well.

"Normally I would tackle you until I get my way but bub will kick me" he laughs as he places his hand on my belly.

Right on cue she kicks. Antony grins widely.

"I can't believe I have a little niece. Can I have her overnight?" he asks. 

"Yeah but not until six months" I remind him.

Antony removes his hands and pouts, "why six months."

"Just because. Now shh we're missing it" I say turning back to the tv.

Antony continues pouting for a few more minutes until he turns back to watching tv.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Antony and I are up and dressed by seven am. Emily's party doesn't start until nine but we promised her we will be there early.

"Where is her party?" I ask as we get into the car.

"You don't know?" Antony laughs.

I just give him a look. Antony just laughs.

"Its at a meadow" he says.

"A meadow?" I repeat, "we are talking about Cole's daughter Emily's birthday party right. Cole would never have it in a meadow unless the circus is there" I say, "wait is the circus there?"

"No not a circus" Antony laughs, "just a plain open meadow. Emily asked for it."

"Hmm I wonder why" I say.

"Ask her. She might tell you because she wouldn't tell any of us" Antony says as he starts the car and drives off.

The meadow is in the next town over and once we arrive, Antony quickly parks and we get out.

The meadow is around three miles long with hip long wheat coloured grass and yellow wild flowers.

I look around and frown. Nothing is set up.

"Um...ok?" I say.

"Yeah I'm a little confused as well. I wonder what Emmy wants" Antony says as he grabs my hand and we walk to the meadow.

Cole, Kendall, Rory, Emily, Drake and Liam are standing in the grass talking. Emily looks up and squeals.

"Mummy!" Emily squeals as she runs towards me.

"Happy birthday my beautiful girl!" I grin as I kneel down and pick her up.

"Thanks mummy!" she grins once we pull away, "where's my present?" she asks.

"Robert has it. He will be here shortly. When are your friends coming?" I ask.

"They're not. I don't want anyone here that isn't family. Extended and blood" Emily smiles.

Antony kneels next to me and looks at her, "thats a big decision for an eight year old to make baby."

Emily just shrugs, "since everything that has happened in the last six months my friends kinda disppeared and the ones that stayed are all of you. I love you. All of you and I only want to celebrate my birthday with the people I love the most."

Antony and I smile at her then wrap her in a hug.

"If thats what you want beautiful then thats what you get" I smile.

"Back to the presents...uncle Tony what did you get me?" Emily grins as she pulls away.

Antony just giggles as he reaches inside his backpack and grabs a brightly wrapped rainbow box.

"This is just from me. When Julian comes he is bring our present to you" Antony smiles as he hands her the box.

Emily just gives him a cheeky grin and sits on her bum with the box on her lap. Cole walks over and watches from behind her.

I smile at him and Cole smiles back then focuses on my belly for a few seconds. After a bit he blinks and focuses on Emily.

Emily carefully unwraps the paper and reveals the present. She gasps and picks up what looks like a book.

"Thank you uncle Tony. I love it" Emily squeals as she throws her arms around him.

Cole and I share a confused look. I lean forward and look on the cover. I grin when I realise.

Its a scrapbook! The cover is a collage of pictures of everyone. Emily, Kim, Cole, me, everyone.

I smile as I look over our faces. My eyes hover over a photo of the three of us. Cole, Emily and me. A selfie from our water fight we had in the backyard.

"Now Emily that is private. Only you" Antony says, "and your parents to see" he adds looking at Cole and I.

Emily smiles at him as she nods her head yes. Antony leans over and kisses her check.

"Happy birthday Emmy. I love you so much" Antony smiles.

"I love you too" Emily smiles.

Antonty stands up and walks away leaving us three to ourselves. Cole and I sit down so Emily is in the middle.

Emily looks from Cole to me with a huge grin on her face.

"Birthday wishes really do come true" she grins as she leans against Cole and looks at me.

I just smile at her. Emily sits up straighter and opens the book. The first page is Cole and Kim at only seventeen years old. They are smiling brightly at the camera.

Emily flips through the pages. I have no idea how Antony managed to find all these pictures but the scrapbook documents Emily's life from before she was born until just a few weeks ago.

Emily stops flicking when she comes across a page with four photos. One is Cole and I kissing. One with me and Emily in each other's arms in the limo on the way to Kendall's wedding. One with all three of us at the ice skating ring. The last one is an ultrasound of bub.

Emily runs her fingers over all of the photos and keeps her finger on the ultrasound.

Cole and I look at each other. We look back at Emily and she looks back at us. Thankfully she doesn't look sad. Instead she has a huge grin.

"Even though this isn't the ending I wanted. I'm happy anyway" Emily smiles as she closes the book.

Vote 👍✔️

Comment 🔝📝

228K reads!